Slow DL1 WP Downloads

Moridin

Slow DL1 WP Downloads

Postby Moridin » Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:07 pm

A team I worked with purchased a DL1 WP about a year and a half ago. It works great except for the USB download speeds. Transferring a 50MB file takes about 5 minutes. Is the WP utilizing USB 1.0 standards? Should it be faster? USB 2.0 should only take a few seconds to download a file of that size. I've tried both using the Race-Tech file downloader software and through the Windows Explorer interface. Additionally, the unit was upgraded to the most recent firmware and still exhibited the same issues. Similar speeds have been seen across a variety of laptops and various USB ports on each (including USB 3.0 ports). The only commonality is that all laptops were running 64-bit Windows 7 operating systems.

The slow download speeds make the little bit of vehicle testing the team can do almost prohibitively slow.

Support

Postby Support » Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:30 pm

The best way to speed up the download times is to turn off channels which are not required and to reduce the sample rate on required channels down to the minimum which is acceptable. The next hardware update for the DL1 will have a faster USB chip inside it, but this isn't going to help existing users I'm afraid.

Martin

Moridin

Postby Moridin » Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:31 pm

Thank you for the feedback. We're not downloading excessively large files. I wish I would have known the download speeds would be this slow, I would have advocated for the team to get a unit with hot swap-able SD cards instead.

Would it be possible to have an existing unit upgraded to a newer hardware spec? If so, what would the cost be for that?

What is the timeline for the hardware with the updated chip? Sometime this year?

Support

Postby Support » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:17 am

The new hardware will be available later this year. We are currently waiting for prototype PCBs to come in to complete testing. It will be possible for us to do an upgrade.

Martin

Moridin

Postby Moridin » Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:53 pm

Have the new boards been released? Helping the team with data acquisition and trying to advise them on the right direction.

Support

Postby Support » Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:07 am

Unfortunately not, we have the prototype boards in but testing has been delayed as we have been working on other projects, getting this in to production units is still at least a few months off.

Martin

Return to “General support questions”