cannot upload run files from dash2pro

rodgling

cannot upload run files from dash2pro

Postby rodgling » Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:44 pm

I can't upload .run files onto my PC.

When I connect Device Explorer, the dash displays "PC comms", and I am able to list the files on the dash, but after a few seconds of syncing the dash goes back to its normal display and Device Explorer is completely unresponsive. I end up with a few files of 0 or 1 kB.

I'm using the latest software (4.0.30 on the dash2pro and 1.2.9 for Device Explorer).

I have tried reformatting but it just happened again. I have tried ticking the "slow serial mode" box but it doesn't make any difference.

How can I access my logged data?

rodgling

Postby rodgling » Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:12 pm

This might be because the ignition was turned off while the dash was logging? Does this corrupt the dash memory?

rodgling

Postby rodgling » Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:20 pm

Tried again after a reformat, this time with logging set to automatically stop when GPS speed goes below 25 kph (~15 mph) to guarantee it doesn't get powered off while recording. Same problem, most of the run files will not upload, only a few of the smaller ones (but some as small as 10 kB won't upload).

Additionally, looking at one of the ones I succeeded uploading, the data is corrupt - it's logged RPM as being mostly in the 400-700 rpm range with a max of 1000 (the engine idles at 700 min). Also speed looks too low, although it's a warmup lap so it's just possible this could be correct though I doubt it.

Screenshots showing the problem below.

Corrupt data. Note that it just suddenly stops for no apparent reason.

Trying to upload (at this point Device Explorer has hung and the dash no longer says it is connected):

KBoehm

Re: cannot upload run files from dash2pro

Postby KBoehm » Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:53 pm

I am also having this issue with the latest DASH2PRO Firmware and Device Explorer SW. When connected to the Device Explorer, the dash displays "PC comms", but this message goes away mid download and the progress bar on the Device Explorer program freezes. Did this issue ever get solved?

Support

Postby Support » Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:53 am

Hi There,

We have had some stability issues with the device explorer software in the past. I would recommend downloding and installing the latest version of the software and updating the firmware on your DASH2 PRO unit.

You should find that data download works a lot smoother than previously.

If this is still a problem, please contact me on sam@race-technology.com and I'll help further.

Kind Regards,
RT Support (SK)

KBoehm

Postby KBoehm » Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:30 pm

Email Sent

Return to “General support questions”