Dash 2 - Freezing and some other issues.

Pig

Dash 2 - Freezing and some other issues.

Postby Pig » Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:30 pm

I picked my car up last night after having it off the road for a year I need a little help.

I have 4 issues at the moment which may or may not be linked.

1. When driving, the Dash will freeze. This can be at any speed and can happen as often as twice in 2 mins or as little as once every 10 mins.
Turning the car off and on again brings the dash back to life.

2. These first green shift light is remaining on - Not every time I start the car but when it comes on it stay on (It maybe on all the time, I can't remember so will check this again tomorrow).

3. The Lap timer screen will randomly appear and then return back to where it is after a few seconds. This happens rarely. 2 or 3 times in 2 days use to and from work.

4. The gear number has a tick with a circle round it - Ever since I tried to get the right data in so it would read correctly, this has happened. And for the record I cannot get it to give me the right gear if I am at low RPM.

Thanks
Jon

Pig

Postby Pig » Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:09 pm

So I came home in the car tonight (about 20 min drive)

The dash froze once and the other issues seem to be linked.

The tick in a circle next to the gear came on and at the same time the far left green shift light came on (Dash did not freeze). Car turned off and on again stopped the issue but it happened twice more on the same journey.

Any ideas?

Support

Postby Support » Fri May 01, 2015 1:22 pm

Hi There,

Is the dash running standalone or is it linked with a DL1 logger?

Do you have any ECU interfaces connected to the unit?

Kind Regards,
RT Support (SK)

Pig

Postby Pig » Fri May 01, 2015 9:57 pm

The dash is running standalone but it does take info from my AEM ECU through a serial feed.

Pig

Postby Pig » Sun May 10, 2015 8:52 pm

BUMP - Please can I ask you to start by helping on the tick in a circle and the green light on the left?

The reason why I ask is that I took the car out today for a while with the data feed unplugged and it didn't freeze but it did have the far left green light come on and the tick in a circle come up.

Thanks

osborni

Postby osborni » Tue May 12, 2015 3:54 pm

When I initially installed a Dash2 and a DL1, the Dash 2 would freeze up periodically. I reduced the frequency and channels that went to the Dash2 and the problem cleared up.

I believe there isn't any error checking in the data stream so any errors that show up will fritz out the Dash2.

Try reducing the amount of data the AEM sends out, both number of channels and frequency of updates. 5 hz has worked OK for me.
BMW 2000 M Coupe

Return to “General support questions”