Laptiming on DL1 MK3 with DASH3

Jams

Laptiming on DL1 MK3 with DASH3

Postby Jams » Sun May 17, 2015 5:35 pm

Our team have been successfully running 2 DL1 Mk2 and DASH3 combinations and have just got a DL1 MK3 and DASH3 for our third car.

We cannot get the lap timing to work between the DL1 MK3 and any of the DASH3 units. The situation is :-

a. DL1 MK3 logs correctly when the red button on the unit is pressed and also illuminates the left most yellow LED on the DASH3.

b. DASH3 displays data from the DL1 MK3, such long and lateral G, but it does not display any lap timing data.

c. We have programmed the "S" button on the DASH3 to start/stop logging. When it is pressed there is a delay and then an timeout error message, and logging does not start or stop.

d. DASH3's are not locked to any logger.

I know that there is a setting on the ealier DL1 called "decode serial data" which is required to allow the DASH3 to control a DL1 Mk2 - I can't see an equivalent setting for the DL1 MK3 - could that be what I am missing ?

Is there anything that I am missing in setting up communication between DL1 MK3 and DASH3 ?

Thanks

Jimmy

Jams

Postby Jams » Mon May 18, 2015 9:37 pm

I just updated by DASH3 firmware from 1.40.2 to 1.40.9 and it looks to have fixed my problem.

Return to “General support questions”