Failure to start logging on Dash 4 pro

Clive Austin

Failure to start logging on Dash 4 pro

Postby Clive Austin » Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:04 pm

Last week I upgraded the firmware on my DL1 Mk3 and Dash 4 Pro. However, when I press the set key to start logging I get a message saying failure, command time out and no logging indicator is displayed in the dash. Having said that, the lights on the unit indicate that the dl1 is actually logging. A second press on the set button though just results in the same error message and the unit continues to log as far as I can tell.

Could it be related to a previous post regarding the internal variable denoting logging status in the DL1? If this isn't being set correctly then I guess the dash won't recognise a successful logging start and nor will it display a logging active variable on the dash. If it doesn't know it is active, no surprise that it won't turn it off. I don't get it though because my firmware is the very latest...
Clive Austin

Support

Support

Postby Support » Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:54 pm

We have tested this feature and it is working correctly with default configurations and firmware. Please can you try with default configuration and if it is working correctly. Please determine if the DL1 or DASH configuration is the cause then if nothing obvious is sent please send the none working configuration to us and we will investigate.

Kind regards,
Support (K)

Clive Austin

Postby Clive Austin » Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:18 pm

This was traced to an issue within the latest firmware which checks the logger serial number - mine was quite an early device and this has caused problems. The fix was RT changing the serial number on my logger via GoTo Assist. Not sure if there will be a change to the firmware as a result but if anyone has the same issue and has an earlier DL1 MK3 then worth calling them and speaking to Kieran.

C
Clive Austin

Return to “General support questions”