What *ware?

BiKenG

What *ware?

Postby BiKenG » Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:21 am

Yet more confusion. I have been informed by email and also a banner on the website that there is a new version 4.0.34 of the firmware for the D2P, so I checked what was already loaded. Apparently it's 30303 which is not even listed in the Firmware Version file, wherever I try and place the dots. But it would seem to indicate it's from 2013 which is surprising to be found on a D2P supplied new at the beginning of this year (2015).

Also stated in the Firmware Version history, is this:-

The DASH2 PRO firmware v4.0.34 firmware with configuration software v4.0.48 works as expected with the following known exceptions:...

So I checked my Config Software and this is 3.1.0.26 or 3.01.0026 - take your pick. Either way, it would appear to be out of date, yet this is what was installed with the 8.5 bundle shown on the website as being the latest and nowhere can I find from where to download the later version of the config software as 'recommended' for the new firmware release.

So yet again, completely stymied. Perhaps Support could explain exactly what firmware should be using what software and how precisely I can download it.
You can't have too many bikes

BiKenG

Postby BiKenG » Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:13 pm

Grasping at straws I downloaded the 8.5 software set AGAIN. This is apparently 8.502xx or something like that, whereas I already had 8.501xx. So not a huge difference one would have thought, but I decided to install it and see.

First I have to uninstall the current one. Have RT really not figured out how to make their software update itself without having to delete the original one first? Anyway...

This new 8.5 installed ok and when I ran the D2P configurator, wow, it's quite different and apparently the latest version, i.e. 4.0.48 instead of the 3.0 something I had. All this with the overall package still listed as 8.5. Brilliant.

It also came with a firmware version LATER than the one available for download on the website and which I had been informed about and prompted this merrygoround in the first place.

So ultimately, I do now seem to have the latest configurator and an up to date D2P, but, it shouldn't be this hard. It really shouldn't.
You can't have too many bikes

Support

Postby Support » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:45 am

We uploaded a major update the our installation on Friday afternoon - and yes this does include major updates of the DASH2PRO.

The separate firmware on the DASH2PRO should have been removed at the same time, but it doesn't look like that part of the site has been refreshed yet - I'll check on that later today.

Thanks for all your positive feedback.

Andy in support

Return to “General support questions”