Dash2Pro, GPS speed inaccuracy prevents Session Review

WillM

Dash2Pro, GPS speed inaccuracy prevents Session Review

Postby WillM » Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:39 pm

Good People,

I have upgraded my DL-1 Mk2 to a Mk3, and at the same time, upgraded my Dash3 to a Dash2Pro.

I am enjoying the combination, however I have an issue with Session Review which has rendered it functionality useless. I am using GPS for speed; I do not have a wheel speed sensor. The tracks I visit typically have garages, and the GPS signal is compromised as soon as the car enters to park.

Unlike the Dash3, the Dash2Pro exits the menu system as soon as the system senses movement/speed. Is there a way to disable this, or to set a threshold? For example, to have screen lock-out occur above 10MPH?

Inside the garage, GPS speed will fluctuate between 0 to 1 MPH (sometimes 2MPH) for a brief second. However, that brief second is all it takes for Dash2Pro to trigger movement, and immediately exit the menu system. As I'm sure you know, once logging has stopped, and the user begins to navigate the menu system, and the menu system is exited, it is not possible to re-enter the menu system to review the previous session data. This is very frustrating and has completely undone one of the most important/used features of my Race-Technology system; the ability to review session data on the dash.

Please tell me what setting I've missed, or how I can otherwise correct this issue. I cannot be the first or only one with this issue!

Best Regards,
Will

WillM

Postby WillM » Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:39 am

Good folks at Race-Techonolgy,

Any info or help on this issue?

Thank you,

Will

WillM

Postby WillM » Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:42 pm

Hello?

Any assistance on this?

Thanks,

Will

Support

Postby Support » Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:45 pm

Hello Will,

This is an interesting question and you are the first person to raise it.

The modified road market is a big consumer of DASH2 PROs. In order to comply with IVA regulations the dash must revert to normal display mode when vehicle movement is detected.

I cannot immediately think of a simple workaround for your predicament, but I will consult with my colleagues and see what we can come up with.

Regards,
Lorne Winborn

racetec
Site Admin

Postby racetec » Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:00 am

Hello Will,
The speed threshold above which the DASH2 PRO exits menu mode and reverts to normal display mode will be raised above the GPS noise floor in the next firmware release.
Regards,
Lorne Winborn

WillM

Postby WillM » Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:47 pm

Fantastic, thank you!

Return to “General support questions”