Can't connect to DL90

TheNick

Can't connect to DL90

Postby TheNick » Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:19 pm

I sent this email to support but maybe someone here can help me before they get a chance to reply.

Hi, I can't get my DL90 to connect to either of my computers. One of them has a serial port, and I've also tried using a USB/Serial adaptor. I'm not getting a response in the Monitor or the Analysis program.

When using the USB adapter, I set the port to COM1 and I get the message "The device has not responded, please make sure it is connected correctly and turned on" For some reason there is a COM3 port in the program (but not in my device manager) and when I try to connect to it through the Analysis program - "The device has not responded or responded incorrectly, please make sure it is connected correctly then turn it off and on to reset it"

If I go into the Monitor, I get the same message as in the Analysis program when trying to connect to COM1, but when I try COM3, it says "Incorrect Logger Firmware Version"

Why can't I connect to my DL90?

Thanks

Nick

by the way, both are laptops. I don't have a desktop.

RTUSA
Site Admin

Postby RTUSA » Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:18 pm

Nick:

Are you the fellow I corresponded with re this problem last week?
Al Seim
Race Technology USA

jlucas

Postby jlucas » Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:56 pm

Yeah, I think Nick found his problem. He bought the unit used and did not receive the correct serial cable with unit. He switched to a null serial cable and all is well.
Jeremy Lucas
Fast Tech Limited - a Race Technology Dealer

Return to “General support questions”