Unsuccessful first outing. Help please.

rix313

Unsuccessful first outing. Help please.

Postby rix313 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:09 pm

Hi all. I bought a DL1 Mk2 and Dash 3 from a friend of mine and fitted it to my car. GPS sensor is on the roof. All powers up fine and the dash displays the GPS speed. I have however had an issue getting it to log. I was at Brands Hatch last weekend, I inserted a card which had a configuration file I had created. The logging light on the DL1 was permanently on and wouldn't turn off if I pushed the start/stop button. After the day I checked the card and there was no data recorded.

My questions:
1.) How do I 'install' the config file as obviously putting it on the card and inserting it doesn't do the trick.

2.) How do I get the DL1 to learn a new circuit and thus set the markers so I can get the lap times displayed on the Dash 3?

Many thanks.

Support (D)

Re: Unsuccessful first outing. Help please.

Postby Support (D) » Wed May 11, 2016 12:01 pm

Hello there,

So in answer to you're questions installing a new config should be as easy as putting the new config file onto the memory card of the DL1, inserting it into the DL1 and then power the unit. (It will take a few moments for the unit to reconfigure.) If you email me the config file you tried to reconfigure the logger with I can take a look at it and let you know if this may have caused the issue, my email is: daniel@race-technology.com

As for the DL1 learning a new circuit there are a couple of ways this can be achieved. The first way is to add the markers in the analysis software that is provided with the RT software, simply open the run file created by the DL1 in the software, open the track map and place markers where you would like them to be. (The first marker you place will be the lap marker.)

The second way of achieving this is to set the DASH3 so one of the button functions add a marker to the circuit as you are traveling around it. For example you could set the 'UP' button on the unit to 'Add Marker', you can find the options to do this in the DASH3 menu under 'button funcs'. (Again the first marker you add is the lap marker.)

Kind regards,
Support (D)

Return to “General support questions”