Auto lap file not working

blentz2

Auto lap file not working

Postby blentz2 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:05 pm

I have a loaded lap file in my dash2pro and the dash is using the one in the database instead. Which might be ok if it didn't also use a gazzilion segments as well that kept popping up as I went around the track. Tried reloading my lap file multiple times. Recreating it too.

In this scenario, I was crossing the s/f before hitting the auto start speed, but I could see on the dash that it had grabbed the lap file from the DB as I went past s/f.

At that point it doesn't look for my file anymore.

How do I turn this "feature" off? Make it go away.

Support (D)

Postby Support (D) » Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:17 am

Can you email me at:

Daniel@race-technology.com

and we'll go through the issues you are experiencing.

Support (D)

Postby Support (D) » Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:34 am

I received your email however I could not reply as Yahoo block emails from Race Technology.

Do you have another email address I can send the information to?

blentz2

Postby blentz2 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:58 am

do we have a fix yet that will pick up a lap file I loaded vs creating one? the current firmware is completely unworkable with all the auto segmentation.

blentz2

Re: Auto lap file not working

Postby blentz2 » Sat Apr 16, 2016 12:59 am

This still isn't working. I can not get the dash2 pro to use the lap file I loaded. It always defaults to the auto lap process which is screwing me all up because of where it puts the lap marker. What is next? This problem is now 8 months old.

Btw, the old flash file you emailed me that was before the auto lap was added caused the unit to generate gps error messages. It went away with the current firmware.

blentz2

Postby blentz2 » Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:23 pm

The problem seems to be that it is going straight to auto lap timing instead of using my loaded map or any of the preloaded maps.

Support (D)

Postby Support (D) » Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:09 am

We have a fix for this issue, you need to uninstall the Race Technology software currently installed on your computer.

Follow the link below to our website and download the latest version of software. (V8.5. download the 'Racing' version of the software when prompted.)

http://www.race-technology.com/gb/racin ... -downloads

Once downloaded open the DASH2PRO configuration software, Go to file > Reflash DASH2PRO firmware > Reflash.

Ensure power and the connections to the computer are not lost whilst reflashing the unit.

Best regards,
Support (D)

Return to “General support questions”