VIDEO4 for dummies

FJWALLY

VIDEO4 for dummies

Postby FJWALLY » Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:34 am

Hi all - new here so pls be gentle.
I'm not a racer but more a 4WD tourer - I bought the Video4 - 4 camera system and have it installed in my toyota Fj cruiser - it works with the supplied overlay and I have just made a new overlay and will test that tonight to see if it works as I don't want the race details and simply want a large screen video from cam 1 with cams 2,3,4 running vertical down the RHS with some GPS logging data underneath them.

Is there a video4 for dummies - so many un-answered Q's like what can I do with the files once recorded - how do I export to youtube and or other forums etc - do I need to convert the files to something else?

I'm heading off wed early for 10 days playing on Fraser Island and would really love to get some good footage in the right format so I can share it.

Any help would be great
Wally
Enjoy the outdoors and taking the FJ cruiser places I have never been.

FJWALLY

Postby FJWALLY » Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:24 am

update - have tried several times to save the new overlay onto the CF card but it does not work - always reverts to the original - need help - quick
Enjoy the outdoors and taking the FJ cruiser places I have never been.

peterguk

Postby peterguk » Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:47 pm

When you save the config file to a newly-formatted card, is the file being written to the card?

Maxx

Postby Maxx » Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:13 pm

Do you have the widescreen license?
This would be required to have cam1 full screen with the 3 other cams down the right hand side. If not you'd have to have them as PiP (picture-in-picture).

I don't think you need to follow the 8.3 convention as with .LAP files but that's another thing you could try.

Maxx

Return to “General support questions”