Loging CAN output from Electromotive TecGT

disquek

Postby disquek » Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:31 am

Hi,

I have a DL1 Mk3 Club a Dash 2 and a new Electromotive TecGT.

I'd like to use the CAN input on my DL1 (I have the license) to log CAN data from the TecGT and display some of that on the Dash 2.

I have made a cable that links DL1 Pin 1 (CAN-L) to TecGT Pin 4 and DL1 Pin 8 (CAN-H) to TecGT Pin 1. This cable has 120ohm resistors at both ends.

I have enabled the CAN bus on the TecGT.

How do confirm that this is working. I dont have a way to hookup monitorLite on the DL1 since the serial port is used by the Dash 2.

Also how do I setup the variables from the TecGT to display on the dash?

Thank you,
Kyle Disque

Support (D)

Postby Support (D) » Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:01 am

Hello Kyle,

The simplest way to check the data from the ECU is being received by the DL1 is to log a short run file with the engine running.

Once you have the run file use the analysis software to check the data, if you are unsure on how to do this please drop me an email at:

daniel@race-technology.com

and we can go through it. As for how to display the channels from the ECU on the dash you need to go into the DL1 config software, open the 'output serial data' section and select the output rates to be used 'for connection to a dash display only'.

Then all you need to do is go into the dash config software and set the channels your expecting to see from the ECU to display. Do this using the 'setup screens' page and make sure you select the ECU temperatures, pressures, voltages etc.

Again if you are struggling just drop me an email and we'll go through it.

Kind regards,
Dan

disquek

Postby disquek » Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:14 pm

Hi Daniel,

I sent you an email with additional questions, but have not heard back from you.

-Kyle

Return to “General support questions”