Setting up "Math Channels"

mebilloz

Setting up "Math Channels"

Postby mebilloz » Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:08 am

Hi Guys

Recently I put a brake temp sensor on the car and in analysis was able to define an equation through variable manager, external input, pick that input and edit the Sensor type/units tab. I put an equation in of the form
(var_0207-0.5)*200 which worked out fine.

Now a couple of months later I am adding some shock pots and if I do (I think) the same process, when I go to enter a Custom equation put the same style of equation in and I get an error
"Custom equations that are used for regular variable cannot contain references to other variables. .....".

Is this a software glitch with Win 10 or something else.

Thanks
Bill

Support

Postby Support » Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:35 am

Hi there,

To what variable were you adding the custom equation?

I believe the issue will be, that the varaible that you are adding the equation to, already has sample data in it. Possibly the data that you would like to add the equation to...

If the channel is carrying the voltage of the sensor you'd like to apply the equation to, simply change the VAR code to x. So to use your example, this would mean the equation would be the following;

(x-0.5)*200

Kind Regards,
RT Support (SK)

mebilloz

Postby mebilloz » Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:14 am

Thanks for the reply.

So does this mean that the use of the variable 'X' is equivalent to 'raw data in this channel'?

Just tried that version and it worked. Might be a nice add to the FAQ area or Infrequently asked??? :)

Thanks

Bill

Return to “General support questions”