DL1 Mk1 with Motec ECU adapter

AndyNoris

DL1 Mk1 with Motec ECU adapter

Postby AndyNoris » Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:28 am

Hi,

I have a DL1 Mk1 and with a Motec M48 serial ECU cable which I have had for many years and has worked fine.

At the beginning of this season, I no longer got any serial data logged despite having made no changes to the vehicle.

As far as I could tell, no data was getting into the DL1. As such I ordered a new ECU cable (suspecting) the old one had gone bad. Unfortunately that is not working either.

So far I have:

1. Reflashed the ECU.
2. Validated the config in the ECU itself and confirmed that logging data is being produced. (using Motecs own software)
3. Confirmed that the SETUP.BIN in the DL1 is as expected.

Can I please get some help in diagnosing/resolving the issue

Many thanks

Andy

AndyNoris

Re: DL1 Mk1 with Motec ECU adapter

Postby AndyNoris » Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:13 am

Is there nobody who can help me with this?

As far as I can see it, either the new cable that has been recently supplied is faulty (and still under warranty) or the DL1 Mk1 (out of warranty :D ) is no longer accepting an input serial signal.

I am not sure what steps I need to do to identify what bit is not working.

Support (D)

Postby Support (D) » Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:54 am

Hello Andy,

Apologies for the wait, okay so there are a few possible issues here:

1) The connection made between the ECU and the DL1 are incorrect (Unlikely I know as you have wired one up before and had it working.)
2) There is a loose / broken connection somewhere between the DL1 and the ECU.
3) A ground on the serial port of the DL1 may have been shorted and subsequently blown.
4) The old ECU interface may have sustained damaged therefore stopped working and the new one maybe have been supplied faulty.

If you can email me the config (Setup.bin) file from the DL1 to my email: daniel@race-technology.com

I will inspect it and it should give a good indication as to where the fault lies.

Kind regards,
Support (D)

AndyNoris

Postby AndyNoris » Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:40 pm

Thanks Daniel, have emailed you.

Return to “General support questions”