Automatic logging and Datestamp on files

JediKnight

Automatic logging and Datestamp on files

Postby JediKnight » Sat May 20, 2017 11:36 am

Hi there,

I am having a bit of an issue that I thought the community might be able to help with. I am running a DL1 Club connected to a Dash3.

I collect quite a lot of data, unfortunately all the files are just named RUN00001 etc, once you have a few of them it is very difficult to determine which file links up with each drive. I've been told that the DL1 gets its time/date data from the GPS Module and so therefore a GPS lock is needed before a file can be named. I really would like logging to be automatic such that nothing is missed by accident, I have tried the following combinations:

Manual logging via the button, after the unit tells me it has a GPS lock = no date stamp on files

Automatic logging - this feature just doesn't seem to work, any of the selected options just result in logging starting automatically as soon as the unit has power. The one I would particuarly like to use is - start logging once a GPS lock is achieved but this doesn't seem to work.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Mike

Support

Re: Automatic logging and Datestamp on files

Postby Support » Mon May 22, 2017 8:11 am

Hi there,

Please ensure you have the latest firmware installed on your DL1 Club. From January 2016 we had an issue with DL1 Clubs not recognising the correct time and date from GPS when running an old version of firmware. Updating to the latest version will fix this.

Please download and install the latest version of software from the below link;

http://www.race-technology.com/upload/p ... uncher.exe

Update the firmware on the DL1 by going to File > Reflash DL1 firmware.

Kind Regards,
RT Support (SK)

JediKnight

Re: Automatic logging and Datestamp on files

Postby JediKnight » Mon May 22, 2017 3:42 pm

Thanks very much, this solved the issue.

Return to “General support questions”