Lap counter not displaying

Jim Perry

Lap counter not displaying

Postby Jim Perry » Tue May 23, 2017 3:17 pm

DL1 Sport. Dash 3 Lite. Can someone tell me why the lap counter would not work on the overlay, even though the lap time is being accurately reported each lap? (No ECU in this vintage car, in case that's important.)
Jim Perry
P and B Motorsports
Vintage Volvo Racing

Support (D)

Re: Lap counter not displaying

Postby Support (D) » Wed May 24, 2017 8:56 am

Hello,

Here are some potential reasons why you are seeing this issue:

* The connections in the DASH3 d-type connector have become loose or damaged
* The DL1 SPORT is not outputting any data to the DASH3
* There isn't a marker file from the circuit you are driving present on the DL1 memory card
* The DASH3 isnt configured correctly to receive the lap timing data from the DL1

Has the lap timing ever worked with this system?

Best regards,
Support(D)

924RACR

Postby 924RACR » Wed May 24, 2017 12:03 pm

I'd also wonder about the dash config itself, is there any chance the wrong variable is lined up with the display object for the dash layout?

I don't know what the correct one is, I've never used that function, but I've seen similar issues arise with layouts...

Jim Perry

Postby Jim Perry » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:14 am

Thanks for the suggestions. To answer SUPPORT's question, yes, the lap counter has worked in the past. At our last outing 2 weeks ago I saw it sometimes work and sometimes not. That suggests something like a connection issue. But I have even seen it jump lap numbers (e.g. go from 5 to 7 skipping 6). On a related issue, since I post videos one thing that it a little annoying is that the pace lap is counted as lap 1 (one goes past start-finish leaving the false grid). I guess the answer to this would be to not turn on the DL1 until somewhere past start finish but before the race start.
Jim Perry
P and B Motorsports
Vintage Volvo Racing

Return to “General support questions”