LCD Screen not lighting

Atommatt

LCD Screen not lighting

Postby Atommatt » Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:36 pm

I put power to the dash yesterday for the first time in a couple of years of owning the Dash 2. Display works , but the LCD screen is not lighting up. I connected the 2 red wire from Conn.1 and from Conn. 2 to 12v every thing else seem ok right now , but no light in the LCD screen. I didn't start the car, but I turned on the ign. just to see what I had. Am I missing something here? I went over my wiring diagram to make sure everything is hooked up correctly and it seem to be. But still nothing. I hope that I don't have a problem with the dash. :cry: Does any one know what the problem could be. or am I just jumping the gun. Cheers Brian.
Last edited by Atommatt on Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

peterguk

Re: LCD Screen not lighting

Postby peterguk » Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:02 pm

If i remember correctly, there are two firmware versions for Dash2:

a) backlight is only lit when sidelight input (connector2, pin1) is 12V+ve

b) backlight is permanently lit when unit is switched on

Do you know which version you have?

Atommatt

Postby Atommatt » Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:45 pm

I believe that the sidelight is hooked up to 12v, I can put a probe light on it to check to night and report back this week end. Gosh I'm not sure, how whould I tell?

Support (D)

Postby Support (D) » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:00 am

Dear customer,

You can identify the firmware version on your dash using the button inputs. If you have buttons connected to the dash already, press & hold the down button while the unit is powered. You should see the firmware version appear along the bottom of the display. This may take a couple of attempts, so try again if nothing appears at first.

As for the backlight, you need to have either a 12V source connected to the sidelight input on the dash (purple wire, connector-2). Alternatively I can send you some firmware that illuminates the backlight constantly on the dash. Check the wiring, if all seems okay email me at: daniel@race-technology.com, I'll send you the DASH2 firmware file for you to try.

Best regards,
Support(D)

Atommatt

Postby Atommatt » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:32 pm

HI Dan , I’m wanting to get some information on the wiring If I could. I hooked up power to the dash and other connections like Indicators, lights ,12v etc. basically the whole dash was hooked up to the harness first per page 7 Table 1 Connector Assignments and I noticed that there are some things that don’t make sense me. Assuming that on Page 8 Figure 3 Connector orientation is basically the back side of the wires that are hooked up, or that the power to that wire is coming through that connector. Well when I checked for power to the plug that connects to the dash, with the light probe, I noticed that what I connect to per the Connector Assignments is not what come thru the pin Connector orientation side. Is this correct? Or is something horribly wrong.

Image Image

I noticed that power coming thru Connector is not the same has what the Page 8 Connector orientation and Page 7 Table 1 Connector pin assignments said it should be. Is this me or is something wrong. Please Help.
Last edited by Atommatt on Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:47 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Atommatt

Postby Atommatt » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:32 pm

(Connector 1) Pin 3 E should be 12v supply, I get the Left indicator powering this pin. ( green /white )
( connector 1) pin 4 G should be Left Indicator , I get 12v supply to this pin. ( red )
( connector 1) pin 14 U should be fog light , I get main beam to this pin. ( grey )
( connector 1) pin 8 N should be wheel speed input, I get right Indicator ,( Green )

( connector 2) pin 4 G should be RS232, I get 12v to that pin.( red )
( connector 2 ) pin 6 L should be Ground , I get sidelight ( purple )

I'm sure that there is more but these are the easy ones to conform.
Can someone shed some light on this, I have all the wires hooked up per the Page 7 and this is what I'm getting. Which is making it even harder to
finish. Is there something wrong with this Harness? It acts like it wired wrong per page 8 and the testing that I'm doing. . Cheers.

P.S I checked this connector with this style of probe to the pin for power.Image

peterguk

Postby peterguk » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:27 pm

You appear to have the pins mirrored vertically.

Check out the diagram page 8.

e.g. pin 14 (fog light) is in mirrored position of pin 7 (main beam)

Support (D)

Postby Support (D) » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:08 am

Hello,

I have replied to your email regarding this matter.

Please see the information included in the email and let me know if you need more information.

Best regards,
Support(D)

Return to “General support questions”