Dash2 pro not connecting to PC through USB

imanoliri

Dash2 pro not connecting to PC through USB

Postby imanoliri » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:44 pm

Hi all,
I've been using a dash2 pro for well over a year now on two different cars. First I had problems with the logging function: it stopped logging for no particular reason (no disk space problems nor auto stop conditions) and now the usb cable has finally stopped working at all. When I connect it to my laptop it throws a code 43 error in my windows (it doesn't recognize/identify the device).

I have tried with 4 laptops and in different USB ports. I also have checked that the USB pins have continuity to the correct pins in the connector of the dash itself. No pins seem to be damaged or torn at all and all the other functions work correctly. Any ideas on what it could be? What else can I try? I'm in a hurry right now with this issue, so please answer quickly!

Support

Re: Dash2 pro not connecting to PC through USB

Postby Support » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:19 am

Hi There,

Because of the tests you have made on the dash and wiring itself, I would suggest that in this case, the issue is a result of an internal hardware fault on the display itself.

Unfortunately this means the dash will need to be sent in to us for inspection and repair.

Please could you contact us to arrange the return of your unit.

Kind Regards,
RT Support (SK)

Return to “General support questions”