EMS 8860, DL1 and Dash 2

zchris

EMS 8860, DL1 and Dash 2

Postby zchris » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:40 pm

I have been trying to get these 3 to communicate via the serial comm cable and had no luck. Has anyone ever got the 8860 to work with these RT products. I have been working with Al here in the US and after months of repeated tries have had no luck. Thanks for any insight.

Colin105

Re: EMS 8860, DL1 and Dash 2

Postby Colin105 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:30 am

What format is the serial data out of the ecu? unlikely it will be in the RT format, i had a quick look at the 8860 manual and couldn't find any reference to a serial data output but i'm assuming this is how it talks to the pc. To do what your trying i think you would need a converter module that reads in the serial data from the 8860 using its format, converts it to the RT format and then sends it to the dl1. if your also trying to connect the dash and keep the logging on/off and track marker functions you would also need that converter module to read in the incoming data from the dash on a separate serial port, and add any messages to the outgoing data stream to the dl1, whilst you can have multiple device reading a serial stream you can only have one device transmitting,
hope that helps
You only need 2 things in your tool box, duct tape and WD40.
-if it moves and it shouldn't use the duct tape
-if it doesn't move and it should use the WD40

disquek

Postby disquek » Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:59 pm

Colin,

Race-Technology sells an ECU adapter for Chris' ECU. The issue is that it doesn't work. He's hoping to find someone who has had better luck with it.

https://www.race-technology.com/wiki/in ... 860And4860

-Kyle

Colin105

Postby Colin105 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:47 pm

ah, that makes sense!
on the RT page you linked to it does say "logger or dashboard" (in 2 places actually) maybe that's an issue?

if you just plug the ecu into the RT interface and then plug the rt interface into a pc (with nothing else attached) does anything come up on the RT live monitor? I've found the live monitor very useful for troubleshooting these communication issues
You only need 2 things in your tool box, duct tape and WD40.
-if it moves and it shouldn't use the duct tape
-if it doesn't move and it should use the WD40

Return to “General support questions”