Revs higher than 9000rpm and fuel sending question - motorbike related

sev

Revs higher than 9000rpm and fuel sending question - motorbike related

Postby sev » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:49 pm

Hello Everyone,

I've just bought a Dash2, and compared to the god awful translogic unit that I had before I'm very happy with what I saw when I opened the box.

I have some questions regarding the install on a motorcycle.

Question 1
I saw in the software that the rev range is recommended not to go above 9000rpm is this correct? I top out at 13k and Ideally need it to see 11.5 at the least, which is where the power starts to drop off.

Question 2
My fuel sender is an analogue two wire, which just switches a warning light on for me.
How do I replicate this with the dash 2 inso far that when the light would have come on, I merely get the low fuel warning instead?
The reason I'm asking is because I don't believe the sender is capable of sending different voltages to the dash to take advantage of the staged fuel warning.

question 3
Speedometer - Since Dash 2 does not allow me to input tyre sizes commonly found on motorcycles, - I've found a near perfect match through working out car tyre sizes and comparing on various calculators - do you guys prefer or recommend using the rolling radius of the wheel rather than the tyre size?
If rolling radius, my feeling is that the wheel should be on the bike so taking it's weight rather than doing it off the vehicle.

Many thanks in advance for all your help.

sev

Re: Revs higher than 9000rpm and fuel sending question - motorbike related

Postby sev » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:58 pm

Sorry one last question!
Odometer reading.

I couldn't see on the software about programming in the odometer reading so that it can continue from where my analogue instrument cluster leaves off.

thank you.

peterguk

Postby peterguk » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:36 pm

I couldn't see on the software about programming in the odometer reading so that it can continue from where my analogue instrument cluster leaves off.
You can't. AFAIK you need to send the unit to RT for them to do for you.

Support

Postby Support » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:50 am

Hello,

1) No. You can entre any value between 0-19. The advisory message means each box must have a bigger value then the previous. For example 0 1 2 3 4 3 2 1 0 would not work. I am not sure why we needed to state that. ;-)

2) Connect sensor like below. Resistor available from amazon. 1W 180 ohm resistor will work fine. https://www.amazon.co.uk/1W-180R-1-Resi ... sistor+180

Once installed display the analogue channel as a voltage with 2 decimal places. Empty the fuel take and note the voltage and then add 5 litres of fuel until full noting each voltage. Once complete entre the value in to the configuration software to convert the voltage to litre reading. You can then set up a alarm at any litre value you wish.

3) I recommend just calculating the pulse / kilometre value. (1000 / rolling tyre radius) * pulse per 1 revolution.

Kind regards,
Support (K)

sev

Postby sev » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:54 am

You lovely people :) thank you very Much support dudes.

For the odometer, as this is a second hand unit, I'd really like to have it set up to the mileage correct for the bike it's being installed on, would I need to return the unit to base - is it an service you can offer?

thanks again.

Support

Postby Support » Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:04 am

Hello,

Yes it is possible to increase the odometer reading. Please email sales @ race - technology . com for a quote.

Kind regards,
Support (K)

Return to “General support questions”