DL1 not logging RPM or Analogs

Turbo Synthesis

DL1 not logging RPM or Analogs

Postby Turbo Synthesis » Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:33 pm

Hi,

I have 3 DL1 MKII's, 2 of which all appear to be functioning normally but the third one isn't logging any analog channels or RPM.

I have the same SETUP.BIN file in all 3 of them. (Analog 1 to 8 100Hz Flash Card - 1Hz Serial, RPM 100Hz Flash Card - 10Hz Serial)

When I look at the serial data in LiveMonitor I don't see RPM or any Analogue values (I am seeing time stamp, run info, GPS Speed etc) and when I load a run file there is no analogue or RPM data available.

The only difference I can see with this 3rd unit is a sticker on the bottom car that says "Britcar Option". Is this a special version that doesn't log analogs etc? If so can it be reflashed? or do I need to send it back to RT to be 'upgraded' ?

If the "Britcar Option" isn't causing this, what else could be?

Thanks,

Gareth

racetec
Site Admin

Re: DL1 not logging RPM or Analogs

Postby racetec » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:04 am

That sounds like one of the power loggers which we sell for race series. These don't have any external inputs as they are used for power measurement only, so just accelerometers and GPS. It would be possible to upgrade it to standard DL1 spec but it would have to come back here to be done. Please contact sales for details.

Martin

Turbo Synthesis

Re: DL1 not logging RPM or Analogs

Postby Turbo Synthesis » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:13 pm

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your response.

I rather suspected that might be the case. I'll contact sales and get it sent back to you. No point in having a spare if it can't be used as a spare !

Regards,

Gareth

Return to “General support questions”