Universal OBDII/Can and 2017 MX5

the_stig_aus

Universal OBDII/Can and 2017 MX5

Postby the_stig_aus » Fri Mar 04, 2022 5:09 am

Hi,

I ordered and received the Universal OBDII/Can interface (including serial interface) last year 2021 and thanks to Covid I have finally had a chance to use it.

Whilst 'most' of the data values come through, I am having an real issue with 'Steering Angle' data being received/interpreted on the interface and hence being reported on my Dash (even without having the logger recording/logging so it seems to be an interface not logged data issue)

From what I have been able to identify, the steering angle being recorded is relative to the Steering wheel angle when the logger is started or ignition powered on, rather than it being relevant to an absolute centre or ) deg position when the steering wheel is straight. By this I mean if the steering wheel is centered (and rack centered) when the logger/interface is first powered up it sets this as the 0 deg position or centre, however, if the steering wheel is turned 90 deg to the right when the interface is powered up, when driving straight with the steering wheel on centre the displayed steering angle is 90deg not 0 ?

How can i fix this ?

Also how can i add additional PID's to the interface to record additional data/parameters if I have identified the relevent information in the data stream ?

Return to “General support questions”