Measuring HP with AX22

powermad

Measuring HP with AX22

Postby powermad » Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:10 pm

I have a fairly old AX22 I've used for acceleration times in the past but I want to start using it to measure my car's HP and compare it with my mate's cars.

So, a couple of questions.
1. How do I check what firmware is in it and how do I upgrade if it's out of date?

2. How easy is it to calculate power using it and how accurate will the results be? Is there a procedure anyone can recommend I can follow? I presume I have to get the weight of the car and the rolling resistance/drag figures, but what then?

Looking at the latest software help file there isn't much in there on the AX22 so I need a bit of guidance.

TIA!

powermad

Postby powermad » Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:25 pm

Anyone?

jlucas

Postby jlucas » Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:30 am

I don't have any AX22 experience, so you're going to have to get your answers from one of the RT guys if there is something specific to the AX22.

I know on the DL1 you can see the firmware of the unit by looking at any saved data file in the analysis software under "Run Manager". The "Run Details" including firmware are at the bottom of that window under the General tab.

As far as power calcs go there might be some useful info for you in this thread: http://www.race-technology.com/forum/vi ... .php?t=464 Also look at the help file under the DL1 power calculation area for more info.
Jeremy Lucas
Fast Tech Limited - a Race Technology Dealer

Return to “General support questions”