Newby DL1 RPM question

dfer

Newby DL1 RPM question

Postby dfer » Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:38 am

I have just run my 1st data set and am having trouble getting a sensible RPM reading.
I am having problems getting a sensible RPM reading from my 1st set of data ( First time , so I'm probably doing somthing stupid)

I believe I have set up the Vehicle Options correctly and have input " 1 " into the Ignition Pulse per rev section. I have also tried the other numbers mentioned in the Help section ;( 3 for my 6 cyl car and 0.5 ) and get even stranger readings.

In the XY graph the readings seem believable when I'm braking but it looks like the RPM reading goes straight up to my max RPM of 7200 when I accelerate! I can't even see gear changes on the straights as the reading is a flat line for both of them .

Any suggestions appreciated.

Cheers

Dfer

RTUSA
Site Admin

Postby RTUSA » Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:26 pm

How is the DL1 connected to the vehicle, in terms of RPM input?
Al Seim
Race Technology USA

dfer

Postby dfer » Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:59 am

RTUSA wrote:How is the DL1 connected to the vehicle, in terms of RPM input?

I'm not sure - the car is back with the auto electrician who installed it today so I will ask him and let you know.

Definiately somthing funny though as I have tried all recommended Vehicle settings and can't get a sensible output.

Thanks or the reply

Cheers

Dennis

dfer

Postby dfer » Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:31 pm

RTUSA wrote:How is the DL1 connected to the vehicle, in terms of RPM input?

Well I picked up the car last night and the auto electrican told me he didn't connect the RPM sender to the correct point. He has assured me its working now ( I haven't tested it yet but he reckons he has.)

Thanks again for the reply.

Cheers

Dennis

Return to “General support questions”