Dash 2 DL1 issues

simon

Dash 2 DL1 issues

Postby simon » Sat Apr 07, 2007 7:15 pm

I ran my dash 2 dl1 in anger today for the first time and had the following problems:-
1. The Dash sometimes came on without all of the display, seems like it lost the config
2. Lap timing - for the life of me I could not figure out how to get this to work
3. OIl pressure, went to 133 psi and stayed there for half a race - open cct/short

Anyone any ideas, I'm out again on Mondayat Castle Combe and I need a dash that I can rely on

S

RTUSA
Site Admin

Postby RTUSA » Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:59 pm

Simon:

I replied to your email and sent reflash files. Might be premature to conclude that you have firmware problems, but now you have them anyway.

Regarding the inconsistent (?) display. Can you describe this further? If your DASH2 is one of the very first ones built last fall it could have a hardware fault that makes it act like one of the external switches is permanently depressed.

Regarding lap timing - this occurs pretty much automatically IF there is a valid marker/segment file present on the DL1 CF card. This can come from the PC analysis software or from manually entering markers via the external switches. You can set the duration of display of timing info from the (PC) DASH2 config utility.

Regarding the oil pressure - an intermittant or variable reading like that does sound like a hardware issue. Is the sensor connected directly to the DASH2 or is the data fed through the DL1? If through the DL1, can you verify what the DL1 logged? For sensors fed through the DL1, the Monitor software is useful for looking at the system in real time (paddock, obviously!)

Hope that helps...
Al Seim
Race Technology USA

simon

Postby simon » Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:19 pm

HI Al.

Got the mail thanks

The dash somtimes only displays the rpm scale - but no RPM and no other segments. Powering off and on fixes it but only if there's a config file on the CF card

I've loaded a LAP file several times but the dash does not show any lap timimg, right format, same track etc

The DL1 logged the same oil pres data as displayed on the dash, I'll check it out tomorrow but it loooks like a HW fault...?

Simon

Iellow

Postby Iellow » Mon May 21, 2007 8:41 am

2. Lap timing - for the life of me I could not figure out how to get this to work

I've loaded a LAP file several times but the dash does not show any lap timimg, right format, same track etc

I have the same problem with a DL1/Dash2 also.... did somebody find a solution?

simon

Postby simon » Mon May 21, 2007 10:28 am

Hi, got the rest of the issues sorted thans to RT but no I still cannot get this working. I got lap times once by programming a button on the DL2 to manually place a marker, but this did not get picked up on the second session.

RT, Is there a setting somewhere to enable the Dash 2/DL1 to read the maker file? I saw a maker file on the CF that was written by the Dash 2 when I manually set the maker but it looks like this did not get read on the second session

Simon

RTUSA
Site Admin

Postby RTUSA » Mon May 21, 2007 1:22 pm

Adressing the issue of creating a .lap file in the PC and loading via CF:

It is necessary to not only have markers on the .lap file but also to have sectors defined. This happens automatically if you instruct the program to automatically add markers and sectors. But if you manually add markers, you must also define sectors, this is done under Data > Lap and Sector Options.
Al Seim
Race Technology USA

Iellow

Postby Iellow » Tue May 29, 2007 9:25 am

RTUSA wrote:Adressing the issue of creating a .lap file in the PC and loading via CF:

It is necessary to not only have markers on the .lap file but also to have sectors defined. This happens automatically if you instruct the program to automatically add markers and sectors. But if you manually add markers, you must also define sectors, this is done under Data > Lap and Sector Options.

And If I just want to have a lap marker, do I have to define a sector also? Because I've tried out this weekend with a .lap file with just one track marker on the main straight, just for lap timing without partials, and it didn`t worked out (I hadn`t read this topic before, I'll try to do the next run using sectors also)

RTUSA
Site Admin

Postby RTUSA » Tue May 29, 2007 12:25 pm

Yes, if you create the .lap file in the PC with one (lap) marker, you still have to define a sector to enable the DL1 + DASH to use the .lap file for lap timing.
Al Seim
Race Technology USA

Return to “General support questions”