Lap counter on Dash 1

Halihat

Lap counter on Dash 1

Postby Halihat » Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:33 pm

Hello

Is there any way I can display laps completed on my DASH1?

I am using the DASH1 to replace my traditional beacon timer, which did count laps, and I miss the feature!

jlucas

Postby jlucas » Sat Apr 14, 2007 6:50 pm

Currently not possible on the DASH1 (DASH2 does have it).
Only the RT guys can comment if it's something that could be added by a firmware update down the road.
Jeremy Lucas
Fast Tech Limited - a Race Technology Dealer

ssharkey

Postby ssharkey » Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:02 pm

jlucas wrote:Currently not possible on the DASH1 (DASH2 does have it).
Only the RT guys can comment if it's something that could be added by a firmware update down the road.

I'm sure it could be added - whether it will be is another matter entirely. When I questioned the price difference between DASH1 & DASH2 I was told there is technically and price wise not a lot more to the DASH2 than DASH1 - I guess they just want to maintain a differentiation between products.

I do hope that if/when the hinted at, smaller, lap and sector time product emerges they will do a bit of a firmware upgrade to DASH1s to differentiate it from the newer product since I think there is already a clear product differentiation between DASH1 & DASH2 products. I simply dont have space for the DASH2 (and already have another companies product as I needed something for the car during my build and the DASH2 hadn't been released).

Return to “General support questions”