DL90 speed data incorrect

z28tt

DL90 speed data incorrect

Postby z28tt » Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:04 pm

This past weekend I was at Watkins Glen, and data logged a few laps with the DL90. I downloaded the runs, used "automatic zero" for the accelerometers, and the speed graph had me at 173 into the bus stop! When I calculated the speed from the gearing and rpm, it should have been closer to 145 mph. I tried manually offsetting the accelerometer angles in the vehicle setup tab (I logged the car with the engine off at several different spots in the paddock, graph the runs, and offset the accelerometer until the avg is close to the zero axis), and that still has the excessive speeds. When I have "don't combine data with accelerometers" in the Analysis Options, the speeds make sense, but the graphs are useless, and I can't split them up into sectors, or even laps.

The DL90 was hard mounted to the center console, and not removed in between the runs. Anytime the accelerometer correction is used, the speeds read too high. Specifically, I’m looking at the fastest part of the track, right before the bus stop. How can I get accurate data and decent enough mapping to use sectors from the DL90? Thanks for your help!

A zip file of the 2 runs, along with my car file:
http://www.skulte.com/z28tt/default_z28tt.zip
--
Andris Skulte
Skulte Performance Designs
(860) 269-7807
www.skulte.com
Z28tt-89 Twin Turbo T56 Camaro

RTUSA
Site Admin

Postby RTUSA » Fri May 04, 2007 2:41 pm

Hi Andris:

Looking at your data, it looks like there might be a hardware fault in your system. Could you please contact sales@race-technology.com regarding the repair process?

If you would like to consider upgrading to a DL1, please contact me directly.

Best Regards,
Al Seim
Race Technology USA

Return to “General support questions”