Problem with Data from DL1

Tribun

Problem with Data from DL1

Postby Tribun » Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:34 am

Hy i have a problem with the data from the DL1 to the alalyse software, my RPM INout 5V show no signal, when i put the them signal in the input frequency 1 i have a signat with 20Hz, now i start the data logging und load this run file into the Analyse Software and i aktivited the Frequency 1 input but i dont have any data for the frequency1 input.

What make i wrong?
is my RPM input defekt?

Jörn ( sorry for my english !! )

RTUSA
Site Admin

Postby RTUSA » Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:10 pm

Hi Jorn:

First - you say you have a 20 Hz signal on the Freq1 channel - are you seeing this on the Monitor software on a PC?

Also - the DL1 does record all channels by default, but is it possible that Freq1 has been previously deactivated for CF recording? You may want to make a new default config file and load it into the DL1. (I am assuming that you have V6 or V7 firmware in the DL1, this can be read under Data > File Manager in Analysis).

! assume that by activated you mean it was activated under Variable Manager - did you also click the Apply button at the bottom of the Variable Manager window? Without that, any changes do not take effect.

Hard to say via email if your RPM input is broken, it depends on the exact signal it is seeing, and the RPM channel is subject to the same issues as above.

Please not that only the "Spark In" or High Level ignition input is capable of handling the high transient voltages present at the primary (low voltage) side of the coil, or from capacitive couplings.

Hope that helps,
Al Seim
Race Technology USA

Tribun

Postby Tribun » Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:40 pm

Yes i see the 20 Hz on the PC in the monitor software and the config file is of default all on with 100Hz. i can see the Inputschanel in the analyse software but in the frequen input are no data, the analog inputs are ok.
The 20 Hz signal is a 5V TTL signal.
this i se under Data > Run Manager " Run Contains 2111 individual data samples, and 5 data formatting errors. Downloaded from logger serial #1787, using firmware version 7-5."

Jörn

Return to “General support questions”