Problem with DL1 after firmware update

LiquidCooled

Problem with DL1 after firmware update

Postby LiquidCooled » Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:52 pm

Previously, my DL1 was working flawlessly. I had Autostart triggering at >50kph with a 2 minute pre-buffer. Everything worked fine.

Then I upgraded my firmware (061009 DL1 customer reflash.zip). Now, whenever I plug in my DL1, it starts logging data. If I press the red button, it stops logging. But then 10 seconds later, it starts logging again (and the car has not moved even 1 mm). It ignores the autostart parameters. I tried configuring it so that autostart was disabled and that had no effect--it still starts logging when plugged on or 10 seconds after you turn off logging.

The data collected seems to be ok, but it's still very annoying. :evil:

I have the "older" style DL1 with the 2 separate connectors in the rear.

RTUSA
Site Admin

Postby RTUSA » Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:36 pm

Hi:

Does it behave that way if you load a totally default config file? You might want to modify the filename of the .run file so that you can make sure that the DL1 is reading / applying the config file.

Then I'd try reflashing, I think. Silly question maybe - you did unzip the file before using it to reflash, right? :)

I have had no such issues with that reflash file, but it sounds as if either the firmware is slightly corrupted, or the setup data wrong.

BTW, what firmware was in the DL1? What was the purpose of the reflash?

Regards,
Al Seim
Race Technology USA

tristancliffe

Postby tristancliffe » Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:18 pm

Might be completely unrelated, but I had an 'issue' with my remote start/stop button, which caused the DL1 to start (but oddly, not stop, at least in the workshop) on it's own. Fitted a new button, with a 1k pull-up resistor and all appears to be well again.
Monoposto 2000 - Reynard 883 Toyota

LiquidCooled

Postby LiquidCooled » Fri Aug 03, 2007 3:17 pm

RTUSA wrote:Hi:

Does it behave that way if you load a totally default config file? You might want to modify the filename of the .run file so that you can make sure that the DL1 is reading / applying the config file.

I will try a completely default config file. Stay tuned.

RTUSA wrote:Then I'd try reflashing, I think. Silly question maybe - you did unzip the file before using it to reflash, right? :)

I definitely unzipped the file. :) I will try reflashing. Also, is it possible to get an older version of the firmware in case I want to revert?

RTUSA wrote:I have had no such issues with that reflash file, but it sounds as if either the firmware is slightly corrupted, or the setup data wrong.

BTW, what firmware was in the DL1? What was the purpose of the reflash?

I can't recall what the original firmware version was. It was the original firmware that came with the unit (and I bought it in 2004).

LiquidCooled

Postby LiquidCooled » Mon Oct 01, 2007 12:36 pm

So I tried reflashing again (with the same firmaware as I tried last time). The firmware file was definitely unzipped. And I tried a default configuration. However, the problem still remains. The DL1 begins logging data a few seconds after it's powered on. And if I stop the logging by pressing the red button, it starts logging again a few seconds later.

Any idea what I should try now? :(

Return to “General support questions”