DASH1 & DL1

ssharkey

DASH1 & DL1

Postby ssharkey » Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:42 pm

Okay the DL1 has had the Hardware Mod. it's all installed now BUT there are more questions than ever now...

1. I just took the car out for a run. The DL1 now seems to start logging as soon as I switch it on. Never used to do this... I will create a new SETUPBIN file. The Run manager says the log was started by a pretrigger - I guess the default configuration was not loaded to my DL1 when it was updated.

2. My run in the car was logged until so long into it when it decided I just didn't need what I had already logged and trashed it. It says in the run manager that there is a formatting error in the data could this cause the analysis software to only show part of the run? Annoyingly the bit I want specifically is in the bit that is lost.

3. In the Dash 1 configuration (on the device) I selected the option to use the shift light to show the DL1 logging indicator - VERY useful for me as I can't see the light on the device. As this uses just one light do you still have the other lights to show you the shift light display or is this then disabled? No shift lights appeared on mine.

4. What on earth does the scaling on the bar graphs? I had one display set to show me the RPM in a large bargraph. At 2500ish rpm all the bars were showing - my car is not pre first world war, it may be an old Ford engine but it does rev to 7500rpm. What's going on there?

5. As I had a spare slot in one of the displays I decided to show altitude.... This fluctuated like mad telling me I was somewhere between 21m and 400m+. Is this normal?

6. In teh analysis software is there a way of changing the default variables for a virtual dashboard - I'm fed up with doing this every time I open a virtual dashboard.

7. Have I missed something or is there no way of zooming into bits of a chart that are of interest? This would make it much easier to set markers etc

Steve Sharkey

tristancliffe

Re: DASH1 & DL1

Postby tristancliffe » Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:50 pm

1. Yeah, try updating the setup.bin file and see what happens.

2. Hmmm. Could be a dodgy CF card?

3. I have no experience with the Dash1 so can't help ypu.

4. Same

5. Depends on the GPS signal I guess. The DL1 isn't really meant for altitude as far as I know, so perhaps the software doesn't cope with it too well.

6. If you save your screen layout it remembers the variables. I, for example, have a tab called "Real Time" which shows a trackmap, sector times, dashboard and playback controls. Works (although a bit buggy in the V7 beta at the moment).

7. Use the zoom controls - you can zoom the X axis or Y axis together or independantly, or zoom to a box (which you click and drag). The menus at the top should make this obvious.
Monoposto 2000 - Reynard 883 Toyota

ssharkey

Postby ssharkey » Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:14 pm

2. Hmmm. Could be a dodgy CF card?

I hope not it's only 2 months old.

If you save your screen layout it remembers the variables. I, for example, have a tab called "Real Time" which shows a trackmap, sector times, dashboard and playback controls. Works (although a bit buggy in the V7 beta at the moment).

I know I should use layouts more BUT when I just want to quickly (and temporarily) add the virtual dash to one of my layouts it always comes up in what I consider to be a useless format - I'd just like to be able to configure the default - don't care if it is done using a nice screen in the system or via notepad and editing a configuartion file - it's something I would do once to set the analysis software up the way I want it.

7. Use the zoom controls - you can zoom the X axis or Y axis together or independantly, or zoom to a box (which you click and drag). The menus at the top should make this obvious.

Sorry, I should have been more precise - on the quick graph window I want to zoom to a section of the X axis for all graphs.

Thanks,

Steve Sharkey[/quote]

RTUSA
Site Admin

Postby RTUSA » Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:57 pm

1. As discussed, will probably be fixed by a new setup file, if that does not work try reloading firmware.

2. This could be related to issue #1.

3. Shift lights should still work, but need to be configured via setup as you probably already know.

4. I think that the bar graphs autoscale, which can make them confusing.

5. Altitude is less precise than horizontal position but should not be that bad, unless GPS signal is quite dodgy.

6. Already answered I think.

7. I personally always use the main graph as it has more controls.

Why don't you try the V7 beta, it has even more controls, at least on the main graph, and generally works pretty well now.
Al Seim
Race Technology USA

MattyRagan

Postby MattyRagan » Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:59 pm

RTUSA wrote:Why don't you try the V7 beta, it has even more controls, at least on the main graph, and generally works pretty well now.

Al, I don't see a link in any forum thread or on the software download page. Do you have a direct link?

MR

RTUSA
Site Admin

Postby RTUSA » Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:18 pm

Matty:

This is not quite a "public beta" but nearly, check next week or shoot me an email.

aseim@race-technology.com
Al Seim
Race Technology USA

Return to “General support questions”