DL2 with Dash2

Harry

DL2 with Dash2

Postby Harry » Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:05 pm

Running a DL2 with a Dash2. All has been working fine for the last 6 months. Last week I found that the DL2 was freezing on startup (with CF card inserted) also evidenced by no data transmitting to Dash2. Tried running DL2 without the card installed and it works fine (status and GPS lock light flashing and data transmitting to Dash2).

I have tried three different cards (different brands different sizes, and have reformatted cards in each case) to no avail. Have also disconnected all sensors from DL2 to isolate issue but same problem.

Tried turning on DL2, waiting for status and GPS lock, then when card is inserted lock and status light go dead immediately. It wont reset until a power off and on.

Faulty card reader?

RTUSA
Site Admin

Postby RTUSA » Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:49 pm

Harry:

Could be, but the easiest thing to try is a firmware reflash. I'll email you the latest firmware.
Al Seim
Race Technology USA

Harry

Postby Harry » Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:45 pm

RTUSA wrote:Harry:

Could be, but the easiest thing to try is a firmware reflash. I'll email you the latest firmware.

Thanks, pardon the ignorance, but how do you reflash a DL2?

jlucas

Postby jlucas » Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:30 pm

Read the help file in the analysis software. It has the instructions & pictures.
Jeremy Lucas
Fast Tech Limited - a Race Technology Dealer

Harry

Postby Harry » Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:47 pm

jlucas wrote:Read the help file in the analysis software. It has the instructions & pictures.

yes, found it, thanks

just have to find the serial connection now....

Harry

Postby Harry » Sun Aug 26, 2007 3:18 pm

Aaaargh :cry:

Now trying to reflash the DL2 via the serial cable, but unable to find the DL2 via either the monitor software or the reflash software on the serial cable. Have confirmed the serial port is working on the DL2 as it is able to feed data to the Dash2 fine. Have also confirmed the serial port on my laptop is working fine as it is able to reconfigure the Dash2 via the serial port. So the Dash2 can connect to my laptop and the DL2 but the laptop cant connect to the DL2..

Anyone any ideas?

RTUSA
Site Admin

Postby RTUSA » Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:32 pm

Harry:

To talk to the DL2 from the PC, you will need to use a null modem cable. The cable that comes with the DASH2 is a straight through, the one that comes with the DL2 is a null modem cable.

An easy way to tell if the PC and DL are communicating is to turn the DL on and use the live monitor software, if it updates you've got comms.
Al Seim
Race Technology USA

Return to “General support questions”