DL1 Dash2 and Emerald ECU.

Ragnar

Postby Ragnar » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:37 pm

All I did was to make the correct Dsub-adapter to connect the relevant pin's of the K3's communications port to their respective partners on the RT CAN-interface. Then I configured the CAN-interface according to the CAN-protocol specification that I received from Karl, and connected everything together. What should be noted is that the "Datalink enabled" box in the Emerald K3 configuration program should not be ticked. If it's ticked the K3 will output CAN-messages according to the AIM-protocol. When not ticked the K3 outputs the generic CAN-protocol, which works fine with the RT CAN-bus interface.

Jimster

Postby Jimster » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:53 pm

thanks for that, can you post the info you received from Karl on the CAN protocol?

Cheers
Jim

Jimster

Postby Jimster » Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:36 am

I had the old serial interface working great, but now I've upgrraded to the K6 ecu it didn't work. I had a CAN adapter on the shelf I've been trying to get this working for weeks with no luck.

Ragnar wrote: What should be noted is that the "Datalink enabled" box in the Emerald K3 configuration program should not be ticked. If it's ticked the K3 will output CAN-messages according to the AIM-protocol. When not ticked the K3 outputs the generic CAN-protocol, which works fine with the RT CAN-bus interface.

I forgot all about this, and maybe this is why I'm having problems getting it working. I'll try this tonight.

Could you email me your can adapter settings???

jim at sheepspeed dot com

Support

Postby Support » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:57 am

Hi,

This was indeed the problem, and this is now working. Jim is sending me details on this and I'll upload full instuctions to the wiki shortly.

Thanks for everyones joint support,

Andy

dobuy

Postby dobuy » Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:52 pm

OK, I had this problem as well, turns out the RT cable, Can Hi is on the wrong pin for the Emerald K3 & K6.

CAN Hi needs to be moved from Pin 7 to Pin 1 for the cable to work on an Emerald, dead easy to do with a soldering iron, as serial plugs are assembled with screws
Caterham 7 Duratec
www.biggles.net

Return to “Installation questions”