Dash2 LCD Contrast

Peter Carroll/Toronto

Dash2 LCD Contrast

Postby Peter Carroll/Toronto » Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:00 am

Is there a way to adjust the contrast on the Dash2 LCD?

Most LCD devices I have used have some sort of contrast adjustment.

Looking at mine in the car, it is not that sharp. If I look down at 30 degrees from above it's totally sharp. I noticed that when I first turn it on it is very sharp for a split second - like diring the self test - then the image gets much softer.

I see a place to adjust the LED brightness but thought it strange there is not a setting for the LCD...

Thanks
Peter

Support

Postby Support » Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:36 pm

Hi Peter,
There is no way in the software to adjust the contrast, the LCD has been configured to be viewed either straight on or from slightly above.

Regards,
Martin

Peter Carroll/Toronto

Postby Peter Carroll/Toronto » Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:54 am

So maybe my dash is developing a problem then?

I was just loading the car in the dark and with the backlight on I can barely read the display. I view it straight on. It is faint in sunlight too.

If I look down on it from 60 degrees or so, it is sharp.

When I turn the dash on initially, it comes up with a test pattern for a split second and that pattern is sharp. Then once it starts working, the display goes faint again.

Is there any external reason why this could be? It is connected to a DL1. The Dash2 is from mid winter and also has the problem where it hangs when not connected to a data logger.

I do have several sensors connected. Could exceeding the reference current limit cause this?

Any ideas?

Thanks

Return to “Installation questions”