dash2 on honda k20 engine

gunv

dash2 on honda k20 engine

Postby gunv » Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:54 am

hi all i am trying to wire in dash 2 to k20 engine out of civic type r . i ahve used the signal wires on the ecu harness to link to dash 2 .

i can get rpm to work but wont read past 6000rpm
also non of the other inputs like speed, water temp from ecu to dash 2 are working any ideas

jlucas

Postby jlucas » Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:23 pm

Not sure on your other issues the but water temp is probably a resistance based signal. You can only tap into voltage based signals for the DASH2 & DL1.
Jeremy Lucas
Fast Tech Limited - a Race Technology Dealer

71dsp

Postby 71dsp » Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:23 pm

As Jeremy stated, water temp won't work with the OEM sensors as it's resistive based. I tried that with the IAT, and it didn't work.

I was able to get the speedo to work fine using the VSS signal, but you have to figure out how many pulses per mile in order for it to work. To do that, I datalogged the VSS and compared the frequency with land speed to get the right number. After that it worked great, although the signal isn't as clean as I hoped (there is another post on the forum regarding that issue).

Not sure what the problem is with RPMs. Mine works fine all the way up to fuel cut on my Prelude track car. You're using the ICM signal right?
Billy
98 Prelude - #27 NASA TX PT

s2klotus7

Postby s2klotus7 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:07 am

71dsp wrote:As Jeremy stated, water temp won't work with the OEM sensors as it's resistive based. I tried that with the IAT, and it didn't work.

I was able to get the speedo to work fine using the VSS signal, but you have to figure out how many pulses per mile in order for it to work. To do that, I datalogged the VSS and compared the frequency with land speed to get the right number. After that it worked great, although the signal isn't as clean as I hoped (there is another post on the forum regarding that issue).

Not sure what the problem is with RPMs. Mine works fine all the way up to fuel cut on my Prelude track car. You're using the ICM signal right?

Billy, kindly tell me how you made the Honda VSS to work in dash2. Likewise, I got the output wire of honda VSS at the tail of the transmission.
I hooked the Honda output (wht/blue) wire to dash2 pin 8-N (brown) wheel speed input. I got a signal but when I start running around 10mph, I lost it. The speed is also wrong no matter how I adjust the pulse per miles.

I know Honda has 4,000 pulse per miles. I entered the same value, I turned the Dash2 rpm ON (RS232 & Analog is off).
There is a signal but the speed is 500 mph !!!!
I adjusted to the maximum pulse and still wrong (still very fast).
What am I doing wrong?

Support

Postby Support » Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:37 pm

If you are using vehicle speed wired directly to the DASH2 you need to turn the RS232 speed off in the set up of the dash itself.
Go to the menu in the dash then "Speed and RPM" -> "RS232 Speed" and switch to "No".
You could try the same for the RPM signal, but generally the RPM signal will be ok with RS232 turned on.

s2klotus7

Postby s2klotus7 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:48 pm

Support wrote:If you are using vehicle speed wired directly to the DASH2 you need to turn the RS232 speed off in the set up of the dash itself.
Go to the menu in the dash then "Speed and RPM" -> "RS232 Speed" and switch to "No".
You could try the same for the RPM signal, but generally the RPM signal will be ok with RS232 turned on.

Well, you did not read my post. I indicated that the RS232 and the Analog is off. The only on is Dash2 "on" including the rpm...but don't work.

Support

Postby Support » Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:11 am

Sorry about that. Sometimes one reads a bit too quickly.

It does seem that for whatever reason, far too many pulses are getting through to the dashboard. The reason it won’t work over a certain low speed is that the maximum frequency of pulses will have been exceeded. To diagnose this better we really need to see what the shape of the pulses are which are going in to the dash.

I think it would be best for you to give us a call to assist you with this.

Return to “Installation questions”