GPS Lock / Logging status on Dash 3

shasselg

GPS Lock / Logging status on Dash 3

Postby shasselg » Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:32 pm

I have been looking around without success. In absence of the standard layout for the Dash 3 that includes a couple of fields for showing if there is a GPS lock and if the DL1 is logging or not I am trying this now to see if someone can helpl. How do I configure this feature for the Dash 3 myself? My guess was a text with the tick box "show text based on a value" and then connecting the variable logging status with the value 1 to 100 for example but it did not work. Also tried the same thing for the GPS lock but tried the GPS sats but it did not work. Anyone who could help?

Support

Postby Support » Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:21 pm

In fact I think that this is included on the standard layout... there is a L for logging and a G when there is a GPS lock?

If not then you can add then yourself:

- logging status is under misc variables at the bottom of the variable tree in the DASH3 setup
- use positional or velocity GPS accuracy to detect a lock, you just want to display something when it is below a threshold.

If this makes no sense at all then email me directly on andy@race.... and I'll send you a layout.

Best regards,

Andy

shasselg

Postby shasselg » Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:55 pm

Support wrote:In fact I think that this is included on the standard layout... there is a L for logging and a G when there is a GPS lock?

If not then you can add then yourself:

- logging status is under misc variables at the bottom of the variable tree in the DASH3 setup
- use positional or velocity GPS accuracy to detect a lock, you just want to display something when it is below a threshold.

If this makes no sense at all then email me directly on andy@race.... and I'll send you a layout.

Best regards,

Andy

Thanks Andy, I will drop you an e-mail. It was indeed included in the standard map but it got overwritten by me adding my own map and now I cannot get back again....so basically I am looking for the formulas to use...

Support

Postby Support » Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:47 pm

No problem, it has been send on email and I'll make sure that the standard layout is also included in the software installation... in fact I'm not sure how it has got left out!

Kind regards,

Andy

shasselg

Postby shasselg » Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:57 pm

Support wrote:No problem, it has been send on email and I'll make sure that the standard layout is also included in the software installation... in fact I'm not sure how it has got left out!

Kind regards,

Andy

Many thanks. It worked fine.

Regards,

Stefan

Return to “Installation questions”