Incorrect Dash2 readings with MBE 967 ECU

warrena

Incorrect Dash2 readings with MBE 967 ECU

Postby warrena » Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:45 pm

Hi,

I have had a DL1 Mk1 / Dash1 for some years now and recently upgraded it with a serial ECU interface for my MBE 967 and a Dash2 display. I've got it all connected and some readings are ok (e.g. Revs), however i've got some problems:

1. Coolant temperature, starts off from ambient temperature and gradually builds as engine warms, however when it gets to just over 50 deg Celsius it suddenly jumps to over 130 degrees and continues to climb, if i check the ECU output with Easymap then it is still incremetning through the 50s giving the correct temeprature.

2. ECU Throttle Percentage varies from 0 (no throttle) to 22.8 (full throttle) in the Dash2, i was expecting 0% to 100%. When i connect to the ECU using Easymap to check the output the voltage varies from 0.43V (no throttle) to 4.41V (full throttle).

3. Ambient Pressure always reads zero on the Dash2, whereas when i checked the ECU again it read 1029mbar

Appreciate any help addressing these problems. Thanks.

nikpro

Postby nikpro » Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:46 am

First check you are running latest firmware in DL1.

Thought TPS would read a site not voltage?

You may have to set up sensors in easymap as well as a config file for Dash 2?
Fraser E White

warrena

Postby warrena » Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:39 pm

Nikpro,

Yes Running latest V16 firmware on the DL1 (although that seems to prevent data logging by saving files as folders!).

TPS in Easymap gives both voltage and throttle map site from 0 to 15, however the Dash2 is supposed to display throttle percentage which i presume it calculates from the throttle voltage.

Do i also have to set the sensors up within the DL1/DASH2 configuration file? I presumed that the ECU interface was configured to do this with the MBE 967 directly?

nikpro

Postby nikpro » Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:33 pm

I havent got an ECU interface so I am struggling to answer your questions but I can only assume that the interface will supply voltages to the DL/1 or Dash 2 (This saves you 'taping' into the sensors or installing seperate sensors).
You would then need to put formulae into a callibration file so the Dash can interpret what these mean and give you useful readings. I'm sure it won't interpret the data as you see on the easymap screen-I can't see how it would do this as it would need easymap running on a processor somewhere to do this?

As far as I understand this the interface just takes the voltages from the correct pins on the ecu.

HTH

Fraser
Fraser E White

warrena

Postby warrena » Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:29 am

I can see your point however other variables such as Ambient Temperature come up with the correct reading!?! I thought maybe the ECU module had the (wrong) MBE configuration file built in and converted to real data.

It's should be relatively easy to calibrate some items such as TP and Coolant temp as Easymap gives both output voltage and reading so perhaps i should try creating a chart form that.

nikpro

Postby nikpro » Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:56 pm

The config file doesn't actually give you any sensor readings though, it just lets easymap know that the voltage is coming from a certain sensor. If you look at the easymap software there should be a sensor set up section somewhere. (Probably Data>get data>engine sensor configaration?) This should then pull up a graph with the sensor callibration on it - use this to construct the config file for the Dash 2

The sensor callibration has to be entered into this software for easymap to read it. That's why I think you will still have to give the dash 2 a callibration file.

i think you were just lucky with the sensor that is reading correctly!
Fraser E White

Return to “Installation questions”