bit thick with this stuff DL1/DL2 configuration

zx10r14

bit thick with this stuff DL1/DL2 configuration

Postby zx10r14 » Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:55 pm

hi
i've got a DL1 logger and a DL2 dash on my bike and am wondering if anyone can explain to me in child like simplicity how to transfer the data from the configuration screen onto my cf card?
i have a cf card with a cf reader that plugs into the usb onto my laptop and am struggling to transfer the changes i am making. i.e. the revs and names of channels.
in the bottom left hand corner of the screen there is a blank drop down box, do i type in serial port 1 as it says on the how do i...... section of this website?
any help is greatly received.
thanks
:)

shasselg

Postby shasselg » Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:31 am

1) Can you read the card from the computer?
2) Can you save the config file from the software?

zx10r14

Postby zx10r14 » Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:56 am

i'm not sure how to do either!
a friend who is good with computers and wiring has set up a screen for me when he fitted the dash and logger and said 'it's easy you just do this' but i'm not good with computers and he is now on holiday.
the problem is with me or my laptop......or both.
when i plug my card into the reader the red light is on constant and my friend said it should just flash briefly when changes are saved.
i managed to figure out how to set up the 5 screens i want, i press 'save configuration' the red light is on constant on the reader, i leave it for a while, take the card out and plug it into the dl1 turn the bike on and everything is as my friend set it.
also when i quit the config page and go back to it i have to start all over again, changing the revs, setting the limit etc.
i know the problem lies with me or the laptop, but i'm getting very frustrated as i have now wasted about 15 hours of my life on trying to do this and got absolutely nowhere.......and now its sunday morning and i'm about to go into the garage again........i will have no hair left by the end of the day :(

zx10r14

Postby zx10r14 » Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:45 am

:D i have figured it out!! i have to save it as G:Dash.dat
G been the usb port that the reader is plugged into
i'm now a happy bunny
:lol:

Return to “Installation questions”