DL1 Internal Battery

GMS Racing

DL1 Internal Battery

Postby GMS Racing » Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:54 pm

Hi,

I have started a new project to get a DL1 and Dash2 connected to a Motec M800 on my MINI JCW. I have purchased the ECU serial adapter and Dash2 and connected everything.

The Dash2 is new, but the DL1 is one that I have had lying around for a couple of years. It is a Mark 1 (later edition with green 2-piece rear connectors). it does not want to store its setup file. I opened the unit and checked the internal battery and it only measures 0.15V instead of 3V. This is probably the problem, now MY problem is how does one change it? It seems to be welded to its contacts and the only way to get it out is to unsolder the contacts from the PCB. This I can do, but there is nothing I can get in South Africa to replace it. Does this have to go back to RT?
Regards,

Gary...
Johannesburg
South Africa

Support

Postby Support » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:00 pm

The internal battery is just for the GPS module, if it won’t keep the setup.bin settings this is nothing to do with the battery and is another issue.
Have you made sure the CF card is formatted to FAT16 standard?

GMS Racing

Postby GMS Racing » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:46 pm

Thanks for the response, having used it for a few days now all is OK. Maybe some glitch with the CF card? :roll:
Regards,

Gary...
Johannesburg
South Africa

Return to “Installation questions”