Video 4, DL1 & Dash 3: Where do I store the ".LAP&

brucew

Video 4, DL1 & Dash 3: Where do I store the ".LAP&

Postby brucew » Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:34 am

I have a DL1 and Dash 3 and have just bought a Video 4. I thought I no longer needed to have a memory card in the DL1 and copied my ".LAP" files to the Video 4 card. Although I got good data and video, I didn't get lap times on the Dash 3. What did I do wrong? Am I supposed to leave a card in the DL1 with the lap files? I can't seem to find the right place in the documentation to help me.

Support

Postby Support » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:13 am

The .LAP file should be placed in the root directory of the CF card in the VIDEO4 box, the DASH3 should then be able to pick up the information from there. Did you make sure the naming convention (8.3) and that the file was in the root directory of the CF card? It is also important that the DL1 has got a GPS lock before starting the run.

You can find some further information on this here: http://www.race-technology.com/wiki/ind ... kersVIDEO4

If non of this helps do get in touch and we will get to the bottom of this.

brucew

Postby brucew » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:15 pm

The problem has now been fixed. There was a bug in version 1.9.3 of the Video 4 firmware that prevented it displaying lap times on either the Dash 3 or the video replay. This was the version on the web site untill a few days ago. I have now loaded version 1.9.4 and it works really well. Great product!

Return to “Installation questions”