Problem getting battery voltage to display on Dash 2

moleracing

Problem getting battery voltage to display on Dash 2

Postby moleracing » Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:21 pm

Hi, I have consulted the forum and foun dtwo similar topics and followed advise but still cannot get the battery voltage to display. This is what I have done and tried a number of variations around this.

Take the voltage (12.63V) and feed into the analogue input on the DL1, Ive used Analogue 8 but this should not make any difference which one is used?

Apply a manual equation y=+1x and make this display on the Dash 2. This then give a number of minus 10612.

I've tried to make this correct with fancy equations but this doesn't work and I understand that the true reading on an anlgue input shold be the voltage.

What am I doing wrong please!?

Testing looms fast.......

Steve

osborni

Postby osborni » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:51 am

Your DL1 needs to have the input enabled and sent over the serial cable. Your Dash2 needs to have it turned on for one of the display variables.

You have verified that you can record the data properly? That serial communication works? A good Dash2 config file loaded?
BMW 2000 M Coupe

moleracing

Postby moleracing » Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:36 am

Thanks Osborni, I have all the other inputs (water, oil and throttle working OK into the DL1 and via the serial to the dash 2, and the dash.dot file works OK, ie I can minipulate equations and change screens etc on the CF card and make the Dash2 respond correctly. So I think I've done that OK.

I just don't se why the volts doesnt work the same? any thoughts?

I am going to try the dash 2 analogue input next as advised elsewhere.
Steve

moleracing

Solved!

Postby moleracing » Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:22 pm

:D
All I did was swap the battery voltage to input 6 as opposed to 8. Made a y=x equation and set up the dash screen.

Strangely I did this all on input 8 and it didnt work?

Anyway, all OK, just the rpm to get running now!

Return to “Installation questions”