Dash3 configuration updating - not always possible

MadMarx

Dash3 configuration updating - not always possible

Postby MadMarx » Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:21 am

Hello,

I'm using a Dash3, DL1 and Video4 equipment.

From time to time I want to change screens on my Dash 3 but it often refuses to accept the DASH.HEX file.
I stuck the CF card into the video4 slot, then after about 10 seconds the Dash screen shut its background light off and in most cases a "Race Technology" screen appears.
Then after a few minutes the light on the screen is switched on again but there are no changes to the config and the DASH.HEX hasn't been moved to the "Done" folder.

What can I do to make the updating more consistent?

Cheers
Chris

Support

Postby Support » Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:37 am

The best way to configure the DASH3 is to connect it directly to the DL1 (no other equipment can be connected), put the configuration on a memory card with a FAT or FAT16 format, pop it into the DL1 and then power the system up.

MadMarx

Postby MadMarx » Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:57 am

Thank you for reply.
So I have to disconnect the DL1 from the Video 4 (or is it enough to shut off the video4).
I'll test it.

And I did....if I put in the Fat 16 card to the DL1 nothing happens.

Chris

MadMarx

Postby MadMarx » Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:12 pm

Update:

I formatted down the CF card from FAT 16 to FAT, disconnected the power line to the Video4 unit.
Plugged in the CF card and it updated the config.

Thank you!

MadMarx

Postby MadMarx » Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:25 pm

Okay - now it is getting complecated:

If I disconnect the video 4 and update the DASH3 over DL1 then it takes over the changes.
If I start it together with the video4 then the current config is overwritten to the old version.
If I disconnect the v4 again then the new config is read again from the CF card and the new version is present.

How does the V4 overwrite the dash3 config but it don't have a CF card installed?

Chris

Return to “Installation questions”