DL1 logging RPM from Dash2 input

PLMS

DL1 logging RPM from Dash2 input

Postby PLMS » Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:11 am

Hey guys,

Yes, yet another RPM question. I've searched all over the place and can't seem to work it out.

OK, we've got the RPM input (from ECU) going to the Dash2. RPM readout (and everything else) on the dash works just fine.

We've done some logging and everything works great except the DL1 isn't seeing the RPM data from the Dash2. Log reads 500rpm all the time.

I've got the "Decode Serial Data" box checked and obviously the Dash2 is connected to the DL1 with the serial cable.

Is there anything else I need to set up?

Thanks
Pete L

Support

Postby Support » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:48 am

Hi Pete,

Sure - it's a common question.

You must disable the RPM input in the DL1 software by setting RPM to disabled for both the memory card and the serial port in the DL1 configuration software. When the DL1 see's that it's own RPM input is disbaled it then takes it from an external source... in this case from the DASH2. Alternatively you can put the RPM input to the DL1 and route it to the DASH2 with the serial data - that is the more typical solution.

Ta,

Support

PLMS

Postby PLMS » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:21 pm

Thanks guys. Knew it'd be something perfectly simple.

I originally had the RPM going via the DL1 but there seemed to be some latency in the readout, so I wired it direct to the dash and response was much better.

We're loving the system - being used in a Datsun 1600 running SR20DET and factory ECU. This is my first DL1/Dash2 setup and it's brilliant. I'll certainly be recommending it to others.

Pete L

Support

Postby Support » Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:59 pm

Great news! Thanks!

Return to “Installation questions”