No Dash 2 Lap times?

Ray Ruthven

No Dash 2 Lap times?

Postby Ray Ruthven » Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:49 pm

:? I have a DL1 feeding a Dash 2 to on our race car. We have a .lap file installed but cannot get lap times to show. The Dash lap counter works OK, the logged data is good and records laps etc. fine but nothing on the Dash?? My son occasionally sees "a flash of something" as he crosses the line but that's it.
We have found the instructions on lap timing very confusing, I have set the positions for the timing (left, mid, right) through the menu but which screen should we be on to see the lap times? or does it override the current screen?

Confused!

osborni

Postby osborni » Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:18 am

Yes, it overrides whatever data is currently displayed.

You also need to have the warning time set to something reasonable like 3 seconds. The other trick is to have the sectors start at track out, not at the end of a straight. There is a slight delay in displaying the times and they might be displaying when busy in the middle of a corner.

You can also set up one screen for time into lap to verify that you are getting lap times.
BMW 2000 M Coupe

RDR1

Postby RDR1 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:22 am

:D thanks for the help - I just knew it had to be something silly I missed. We suffer from both a short warning time and a lap finish close to the end of a race. We should have both fixed for our next outing.

Ray

Return to “Installation questions”