Newbie Questions

fsmlittler

Newbie Questions

Postby fsmlittler » Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:57 am

Hi
I have spent hours going through the forum but I would really appreciate a couple of answers:-

1) I have an Edis based ignition set up and currently use the edis to coil pack signal for my STACK tacho input. According to my multimeter it is 12v. Can I use this with DASH2?
2) Do I share the 5v reference with speed, temp and pressure sensors?
3) Do I need to connect both +ve and grounds for Connector 1 & 2?

Sorry these are a bit basic.

Chris

Support

Support

Postby Support » Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:31 pm

Hi Chris,

1) Not sure about the Edis. If it is the DASH2 standard it has to be low level which is 0-20 signals. If it is the DASH2pro then it has a high level input go on to the negative side of the coil which is a switching 12v signal but with huge 100's of volts spikes.

Check the Edis documentation to see if it as reference to whether it is or isn't connected to the negative side of the coil. If you can send me a link to the documentation along with model number and which pin you are connecting to then i will look for you.

2) The 5v reference has a maximum output of 50mA.
- If you are using our sensors we have a minimum resistance to ground of 1000 ohms which means each sensor takes a maximum current of 5mA so you could connect at least 10.

3) No. In different applications the DASH can be used with just 1 connector so it needed to have power on both connectors.

Kind regards,
Support (K)

Return to “Installation questions”