DL1Sport, Dash 2 and CAN ECU Adapter

thokes82

DL1Sport, Dash 2 and CAN ECU Adapter

Postby thokes82 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:38 pm

Hello,
I have been playing with my Dash2, my DL1Sport for about a year and since 2 months I added an ECU Adapter (CAN) because my serial adapter based on Arduino didn't really work.

However it turns out that my problems seem not to be related to the Arduino.
1. My Dash2 crashes.
When I leave my Dash switched on for some time it simply hangs up. It is not reacting to buttons anymore and really does nothing until I switch off power. This is independently of what I connect (only DL1Sport, ECU Adapter+DL1Sport). I tried to reflash with no improvement.
2. My DL1Sport corrupts data
Whenever I try to log data and put formatted CF card (the one I got from you guys) into the DL1, it completely makes it unreadable. I did not manage to get readable data a single time. Yes, I do it the right way and do not pull the card or put it in while the system is powered. Also I am waiting a little bit until I switch off power after logging.
3. Sometimes the logger stops but the display does not get info
Sometimes it happens that the logger status is not transmitted. This can happen in both directions, means not turning off or not turning on...

I really need help and I do not know what is wrong. Is there maybe a problem with my DL1Sport? I know, it is strange that I am coming after so long time but I do this as a hobby and have few time at the moment...

regards, Thomas

Support

Postby Support » Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:23 pm

Afternoon,

1. Please check that you've set up the DL1 according to the guidelines here:

http://www.race-technology.com/wiki/ind ... figForDASH

2. That is very strange, can you confirm what type of CF card you are using please?

3. not sure, please confirm #2 and then we can continue

Kind regards,

Support (A)

thokes82

Postby thokes82 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:25 pm

1. It is a DL1 Sport. So I did not use the DL1 tool. Should I? Why is there a special program for setting the DL1 Sport then?
2. It is a Sandisk 8GB. I got it with the package. I am trying a different one tomorrow and report back. (Any ones proven to explicitly not work?) I ran Scandisk on the card and it spit out no sector errors or so... The card works fine with other data when I test it with the PC.
3. To avoid misunderstanding: The logger does not simply stop. It is more that when I stop it manually, it does not always transfer the status do the display.

Support

Postby Support » Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:04 pm

Where and when did you buy this from please, neither RT UK or USA supply 8GB cards in the DL1sport package.

Support (A)

thokes82

Postby thokes82 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:28 pm

I bought it from Matthias Holle, your rep in Germany. This might be relevant information for you but not for me.
Again:
2. Any Cards proven to explicitly not work?
1. It is a DL1 Sport. So I did not use the DL1 tool. Should I? Why is there a special program for setting the DL1 Sport then?

thokes82

Postby thokes82 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:11 pm

Update: I used a Sandisk 4Gb Card lying around and it worked imediatly. So, Topic two is considered to be solved. Also I used a SETUP.BIN file created with the DL1 tool (instead of DL1 Sport). Works good. Seems that it is ok now with communication between Dash and DL1Sport.

I will re-check on three on friday. I am riding in Zandvoort and report back...

Return to “Installation questions”