dash2 pro logging issue

blentz2

dash2 pro logging issue

Postby blentz2 » Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:57 am

I am running the dash2pro with ECU adaptor. all seems to be working pretty well. All variables (ECU and analog inputs) display correctly and warnings work fine. All data is getting logged correctly. two issues:

- the file transfer sw is very flaky and crashes and hangs a lot. you can work around this by doing one file at a time.

- the real issue, is that one of my variables (steering) shows both negative and positive values correctly on the dash, but only logs the positive numbers. min and max values are set correctly. All positive numbers show up, but data goes down to zero and sits there when negative (again, it shows correct negative numbers on the dash itself). what is the fix for this?

Support

Postby Support » Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:32 pm

Hi There,

With regards to the data download issue you are experiencing we have recently made som improvements to this in the latest build of software found on our website, please download and install this version and see if the problem is rectified.

The download can be found here;

http://www.race-technology.com/upload/p ... 5.0193.exe

With regards to the steering angle, it sounds as if the data has been mapped to the wrong type of data channel, meaning that a minus value will not be logged. In this instance as you said it would display perfectly fine on the display but data will be lost in the log.

Is the sensor connected to one of the analogue inputs or is it data from the ECU interface?

Kind Regards,
RT Support (SK)

blentz2

Postby blentz2 » Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:08 am

it is connected to the analogue input. it doesn't put out negative voltages, i have a formula that converts the voltage to degrees.

Support

Postby Support » Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:01 am

Hi there,

My apologies, I did not mean to say that the sensor would be outputting a minus voltage, this is not possible. I mean to say that the equation you have applied to the channel, is converting the data into positive and negative degrees, with 0 being the centre point.

If the channel is still mapped to an analogue channel, as opposed to the dedicated steering angle channel, the minus degrees will be displayed perfectly fine on the display but due to limitations will not be logged, this is because analogue variables are only capable of logging voltages, e.g. 0v to 65.5v.

To combat this, and to ensure all data is logged, the correct channel type should be combined with the sensor. Therefore as stated above, in this instance the Steering angle channel should be used.

Please feel free to email the configuration file currently being used on the DASH2 PRO over to me, I can ensure this is set up as required.

sam@race-technology.com

Kind Regards,
RT Support (SK)

Return to “Installation questions”