Issues with Dash2

raceandmap

Issues with Dash2

Postby raceandmap » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:50 am

Hi, after several attempts (4 working days now) trying to sort my issues with the Dash 2 with the support team that only replies with basic comments this is the last resource before I return it as I'm really about to quit. So here it goes.

Wired the Dash 2 along with the Hondata Kpro v4 Can interface. Also connected both H an L can wires and enabled it on the Hondata software. I have no data on Dash two, also edited the Rpm range and gears and sent it two through serial and it sends it but causes no changes on the Dash itself. I have been asked if I enabled the Can on the display, replied with a simple question which is: How do I do that? Which software do I use?

Thanks in advance.

Support

Re: Issues with Dash2

Postby Support » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:30 am

Hello,

Sorry to hear it is taking so long.

I recommend firstly to isolate the interface from the DASH and connect to live monitor.

Please connect it like this...

Open the live monitor software and connect to the port connected to the equipment

Switch on the interface and the ECU. If you see data appear then you have a connection if you don't the first thing to check is the OK messages are counting up. These OK messages is a message that is being transmitted from the live monitor and then interface is transmitting the message back confirming the power is on and the interface is running.

If the OK messages are counting up can you check the following...

1) What is the resistance with power switched off across CAN+ and CAN-?
2) What is the roughly voltage across CAN+ and CAN- with the positive probe on CAN+?

Kind regards,
Support (K)

raceandmap

Postby raceandmap » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:54 am

Hi , thanks for the reply , the layout and options on the software i downloaded is different, is that one the one for the Dash2 Pro? As the dash I have is the Dash2 only.

Support

Postby Support » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:15 pm

Hello,

The software suite should look very similar although I do have a slightly newer version then what is on the website.

You should be using version 8.5
http://www.race-technology.com/gb/racin ... -downloads

This contains all configuration software for all products

Kind regards,
Support (K)

raceandmap

Postby raceandmap » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:22 pm

Thats what I downloaded and what I get is version 1.0.129 which is totaly different.

raceandmap

Postby raceandmap » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:44 pm

This is what I get with RT Live

Support

Postby Support » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:59 am

You have clicked on RT live not live monitor. See screen below with live monitor circled.

RT live is a datalogger with a sim card that transmits the data live which can be viewed on the live monitor or app during the run. :-) Sorry for the confusion.

raceandmap

Postby raceandmap » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:58 pm

Thats what i keep telling you guys, I don't have that software. :( The only thing that comes on that software pack is the following:

Support

Postby Support » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:28 pm

Hello,

Please uninstall and reinstall the software. During the installation process it will ask if will give you option of selecting which software to install. Please select all racing software.

Kind regards,
Support (K)

raceandmap

Postby raceandmap » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:56 am

Hi, with the correct software it seems I am getting somewhere. So edited the dash display successfully, not getting any connection with can still. Does the can interface or display require any configuration on the can side of things? Its a kpro va and the can L and H are connected.

raceandmap

Postby raceandmap » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:04 am

Heres where I'm at.

Funny is the fact it shows one error and I logged again to see if I could find which and it shows no error now.

Support

Postby Support » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:44 am

:-)

Good, you have OK messages so the interface is running. Error messages are only a problem if they continue to count. It is common to get an error message during first connection or unplugging the serial port whilst still switched on.

The CAN interface is configured before dispatch. If everything else checks out ok it will be worth reconfiguring the unit to ensure the correct configuration is on the unit.

Can you check the following first...
1) What is the resistance with power switched off across CAN+ and CAN-?
2) What is the roughly voltage across CAN+ and CAN- with the positive probe on CAN+?

Kind regards,
Support (K)

raceandmap

Postby raceandmap » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:46 pm

Hi,

120.3 ohm
1.088 V

Thanks

racetec
Site Admin

Postby racetec » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:24 am

It looks like one of the termination resistors is missing from your CAN wiring, there should be 120 ohms at each end of the line between the + and - lines, so that it should measure 60 ohms with the multimeter.

raceandmap

Postby raceandmap » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:59 am

Hi, it is 120 ohm betwen H and Low can. Redone the wiring and voltage is 1.08 V

Are you guys sure I dont need to activate some setting on the dash to use can ?

Return to “Installation questions”