DL1 Club - DASH4 PRO - ECU - Configure etc

wil_h

DL1 Club - DASH4 PRO - ECU - Configure etc

Postby wil_h » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:39 pm

I have what I think is a pretty basic setup. DL1 club, output to a DASH 4 Pro with an ECU in the middle. The DL1 is an addition, as my previous setup was just the DASH 4 and my ECU, working fine.

All I want is for the DL1 to read data from the ECU via the CAN, then splurge it out to the DASH 4. I can then also log all the GPS and g data as well as the ECU parameters. My problems are:

1) On power up all I get is the power on light (steady) and the status light flashing twice - indicating an SD card reading error. SD card seems ok, re-formatted it FAT32 as recommended, no difference.

2) I can't connect to the DL1 via the USB to my laptop. I connect the lead and it shows up in my device manager. But click 'read configuration' and all I get is a pop up message saying it 'can't identify connected device'. It does seem to connect through the live monitor, but as I can't configure the logger to be reading from my ECU I see nothing

3) With the DASH 4 connected to the ECU and not the DL1 it shows the temps, rpms etc. this is with the DASH powered independently and the CAN correctly terminated. If I power the DASH back from the DL1 serial port (no terminator, CAN wired Pin2/3 etc.) the DASH shows nothing (although powers up). What needs configuring in the ECU? (assuming I can resolve connection to it). It seems I need to enable 'decode serial data' but I can't see how I can do that.

Any advice on any points above gladly taken.
Thanks

racetec
Site Admin

Re: DL1 Club - DASH4 PRO - ECU - Configure etc

Postby racetec » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:31 am

If the data logger is showing a card error with the card inserted I would try connecting without the card in. With power applied to the data logger plug the USB in and then when the port appears in the drop down list in the DL1 configuration software try to read back the configuration.

If the data logger is running correctly without a card in then you will get the CAN data form the ECU going through to the DASH4PRO, depending on the DL1 configuration you might not see absolutely all of the data, but you should see some. You will see the same data by connecting the DL1 USB port to the Live Monitor software, this will display all of the data available to the DL1 at a lower rate.

wil_h

Re: DL1 Club - DASH4 PRO - ECU - Configure etc

Postby wil_h » Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:01 am

Removing the SD card worked. Annoying as it was the one supplied in the box.

A new SD card seems to work a treat.

Thanks

Return to “Installation questions”