Using the new style DL1 rear connector

RTUSA
Site Admin

Using the new style DL1 rear connector

Postby RTUSA » Fri May 04, 2007 5:10 pm

The newest DL1s have a single rear connector with a double row of connections. It has spring loaded wire retention unlike the previous screw retained connector.

It's not very obvious, though, how to insert and remove the wires, and our literature is not yet updated.

I'll try to get a picture posted next week, but 'til then a verbal description-

The round holes are the wire terminal connections. Each round hole has a matching square hole. To insert or remove a wire, simply insert a small screwdriver tip into the square hole, displacing the internal spring.

Simple once you've done it twice!
Al Seim
Race Technology USA

dboyles

Postby dboyles » Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:57 am

RTUSA
Site Admin

Postby RTUSA » Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:30 pm

Thanks for the pic!
Al Seim
Race Technology USA

Michael

Postby Michael » Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:18 pm

May I suggest to include a suitable 2mm screwdriver to the DL1 package?

Some customers already have bended the very fragile levers inside the square holes when using a small screwdriver but not the right one.

This Weidenmueller connector is not an automotive item, so most users will not have the correct tools on hand to make the connections.

I know that the reason for the new connector was the restricted space on the back of the DL1 when the RS232 moved to the backside. To make the use and - more important - the interchange of the DL1 between vehicles easier I would suggest to source a 24 wires male and female automotive connector, route the Weidenmueller plug to the new female connector and have the matching male on every vehicle you like the DL1 to use on.

Better ideas anyone?

Mats

Postby Mats » Mon Dec 03, 2007 4:48 pm

I use a somewhat dulled down multimeter measuring point, works way better then any screwdriver I have tried.
/Mats

Return to “Installation questions”