Pedal Movement. How to install and output in %

Boquerón

Pedal Movement. How to install and output in %

Postby Boquerón » Sat Feb 09, 2008 4:36 pm

I would like to connect to my DL-1 MK2 the Pedal Movement Sensor in order to get the Throttle Position information in percentage %: Off 0%, Full pressed 100%.

1.- I understand that I have to connect it to one of the various Analogue Inputs ( 0-12v ),

2.- I have read that the signal will appear as 4,5 v ( aprox) and 0 V and that it could appear as 4,5 when Full Pressed or 0 V Off or the opposite, 0V Full Pressed and 4,5 V when off.

3.- I have also read in one answer that the user CAN INVERT the output in either cases by acting WITH A FORMUlA in the Variable Manager: Which formula and how, please ?

4.- I would llike to read the output in percentage (Off 0%, Full pressed 100%.): Which formula , where and how should I introduce ?

I have no special technical ability.. :( Please, help me with instructions as simple as possible. I am already struggling with the instalation .. :lol:

Thank you in advance for your fast answer..

Boquerón

Postby Boquerón » Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:42 pm

FOUND IT ( At leats, it seems so..) :D

I have found a similat thread: http://www.race-technology.com/forum/vi ... t=throttle

I will try it and see if it solves the problem..

RTUSA
Site Admin

Postby RTUSA » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:00 pm

OK, I understand!

We have recently made this sort of thing a lot easier.

We have added an equation generator to the Variable manager.

So if you go into Data > Variable Manager > External Inputs > Analog1 (for instance) then Sensor Type / Units and Custom:

You will see a button titled "calculate formula from variables" click that and a new window will open.

In your case, enter "0.5" under "input volts" and, on the same row "100", then on the second row "5.5" and "0".

(As you had a 0.5V reading at 0% and a 5.5V reading at 100%)

Click OK and OK to accept the new formula, then check the box beside Analog1 to enable that channel. Click "Accept" at the bottom of that window and you should be good to go.
Al Seim
Race Technology USA

Boquerón

Postby Boquerón » Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:21 pm

Thank you again.

Originally , when the scale is in "v" ( volts) the graph shows an horizontal line ( as en there is no pedal movement = 0 Volts) and when depressed it shows a reversed spike ( spike that reaches 5 V. and goes from the horixontal line --> down instead of what will be expected: "up" for more V, "down" for less)

I have followed your instructions. Tried several times and checked. Tose are the (new) results:

1.- THe X scale now shows a minimum of 0.16 and a maximum of 0.36 :shock: ! instead of 0-5 V.

2.- The ( previously) horizontal line has changed into a series of short and compact spikes of similar dimensions ( instead of a readeable single horizontal line ) and the previously reversed spike now is a Bigger spike that NOW goes in the apropiate direction :goes form down -->up.

3.- Before pressing the "Calculate formula form values" I took special care to delete any sign, letter or value under the box "custom".

4.- After introducing 0 under "input volts" and 100 on the same row, as well as 5 and 0 on the following row, I clicked OK, etc...

5.- The graph changed as described before.

6.- When going back to the Data > Variable Manager > External Inputs > Analog1 (for instance) then Sensor Type / Units and Custom:

It NOW shows the following:

Temp(0) * x^3 + (0) * x^2 + (-20) * x + (100)

7.- I have never added the initial variable "Temp", and the Analogue Chanel 1 corresponds in my variable manager to the accelerator chanel that I have named "GAS"..

In conclusion: the graph , and numbers have reverted ( now the spike goes from down-->up as are the numbers in the X side ) but the scale is weird as is the graph which ahas become far less readeable.. :roll: ...

RTUSA
Site Admin

Postby RTUSA » Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:49 pm

Please send me some data, it will make more sense to me that way.

Just tell me where in the data the throttle is at 0 and where it is fully open.

aseim@race-technology.com
Al Seim
Race Technology USA

Boquerón

Postby Boquerón » Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:33 pm

Data sent :D , together with to screen captures with the initial graph and the graph AFTER including your suggestions.

Return to “Sensor-related questions”